Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 4th September at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Aaron Forest, Justin Grover, Keara Fausett and Sandra Hausmann.

Account-level targeting in AJO

Level 1

We have the entire AEP setup on customer level. And for every customer, all their accounts are available in array format. 

We want to achieve the below objective in AJO:

Objective - For a journey, if a customer ‘X’ gets communication for his one account say ‘123’, they should not get targeted for same account again, however if X opens other account ’456’ (of same or different account type) - they should be targeted.

Initially to exclude already targeted customers we were leveraging ‘journey version id’ so that after first communication customer gets scrubbed even if they’re present in source audience. And due to this customer get only one communication for their first account but we want communication for every new account open. 

Please provide your inputs on the same. @SatheeskannaK @dugganab @Anuhya-Y  or anyone who has achieved this. 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @preet07  How are you reading the audience for this journey? 

• You can use an event to trigger this journey which can be trigger when an account is created.
  • If you are using an read audience then change it to incremental read so only new events are considered for targeting. The audience criteria should be eventType=registration and timestamp is in x mins/hours/days depending on your business requirement

This should fix the issue

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_  - Thank you for the quick reply. 

We’re using the read audience to initiate the journey. Could you please elaborate the second option in your answer? I’m still new to the tool. 

Also just a thought regarding incremental read -> since the entire data is on customer level, wouldn’t incremental read scrub the customer (profile) itself when they’re targeted once? This would mean any new account for that customer would also get excluded. 

Community Advisor

Hello @preet07  whenever someone creates an account on web you will have to trigger an event along with the profile creation step. 

You segment should look at incremental events not profile attributes;

_Manoj_Kumar__0-1723592285313.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Got your point, @_Manoj_Kumar_ . 
Thank you for the explanation. 

However, in the eventType field dropdown, I’m unable to find ‘registration’ or anything related to new account creation. 

Could you suggest a workaround here?