Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.

Ohm symbol appears in PDF viewed in browser, missing when viewed in Acrobat

Level 2

I've created a PDF using AEM Guides (via DITA-OT 1.23). The PDF contains several ohm symbols. When viewed in the PDF in a browser (selecting the PDF from the Generated Output area in AEM), the symbol appears correctly. When I download the PDF to my local system and view it in Acrobat DC or Reader, the ohm symbol disappears (blank space instead). Greatly appreciate any help/tips!

4 Replies

Employee

I think the fonts required to render these special characters are not included by default in the DITA-OT PDF plugin. Check what fonts are embedded in the generated PDF 

DivrajSingh_0-1665176336115.png

As I understand the fonts that are able to render ohm symbol should be embedded into the output (list of fonts that support symbols like ohm). So, you may have to include such fonts into the DITA-OT plugin.

Employee

@sfrost : did the above information help to resolve the issue?

Level 2

Hi Divraj, no it did not resolve the issue. Fonts are currently embedded in our output, but for some reason the ohm symbol is not appearing when viewing the PDF from Acrobat DC or Reader. Our developer who assists with our DITA-OT stylesheets is investigating the issue.

Level 1

@sfrost thanks for sharing the update. Do you have a sample PDF (where ohm symbol is not showing up but the fonts are embedded) that you can share with me on my adobe ID (divraj.singh@adobe.com)?