Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom default output presets - pptx and docx

Community Advisor

Hi AEM Community,

AEM Guides supports creating output in the most popular formats like AEM Site, PDF, HTML5, EPUB, JSON, and custom output through DITA-OT, Native PDF, and FMPS.

Rohan_Garg_0-1684395980746.png

I want to export my output as pptx and docx. Is there any way to do so?

@frameexpert@DivrajSingh@VivekKumar@punagpal@AswiniLakshminarayanan 

Thanks,

Rohan Garg

8 Replies

Employee

@Rohan_Garg Generation of any output type from DITA content largely depends on the DITA-OT plugins that are configured in the DITA-OT installed. (AEM Sites, JSON, Native PDF are exceptions as they use Adobe Guides engine)

In AEM Guides, the presets which are available on output tab are enabled via plugins which are already installed in it.

• You can add more plugins if they are available on DITA-OT github plugins library
    • To understand how to add additional plugins in DITA-OT provided by AEM Guides - check this post
  • For DITA to docx - you can refer the plugin available on this page
  • For DITA to PPT - it is generally custom, so
    • you may want to see how to create custom DITA-OT plugins - check this post
    • some thoughts around this are available on partner portals - an example

I hope this helps.

Community Advisor

@DivrajSingh - Thanks for the response!

I have added 2 plugins "com.antennahouse.wml" and "com.elovirta.ooxml" to the dita-ot-3.5.

Zipped it and uploaded it to /apps/project/dita_resources/DITA-OT.zip as nt:file

Then created a custom profile with assigned path and AEM DITA-OT Zip Path.

Is there any other step to follow to generate the docx output?

Currently, I am only seeing the default options (AEM Site, Custom, HTML5, JSON, Native PDF and PDF)

There is an option in Custom to configure params like DITA-OT command line arguments and others as shown below but not sure if it is to be configured - 

Rohan_Garg_0-1684477525267.png

Employee

You need to use CUSTOM type preset and use the field "Transformation name" as "docx" (I think) to generate the word output.

The transformation name should be the plugin name - it goes inside the plugins (in plugin.xml) of the plugin you added

Community Advisor

I have tried the same but it did not work.

Here's the plugin.xml of both the plugins I am trying - 

1. com.antennahouse.wml

Rohan_Garg_0-1684730736246.png

2. com.elovirta.ooxml

Rohan_Garg_1-1684730764217.png

In the field "Transformation name" I have used the plugin id (plugin name is not mentioned in the plugin.xml) & tried to generate preset but it has failed.

Rohan_Garg_2-1684730973602.png

Employee

The transformation name in your case looks to be "docx". Are you using Antenna house to generate docx output?

Few questions:

• Which AEM Guides version are you testing this with?
  • Are you trying this on your local setup or on any server?
  • Is the plugin tested on local? (to ensure there are no obvious reasons of failure in the plugin itself)
  • Is this for a customer or for a proof of concept or for your understanding?

Community Advisor

Yes, I am using antenna house to generate docx output. Please find the below responses as requested - 

1. Guides Version - com.adobe.fmdita-6.5-uuid-4.2.229

2. Local Setup

3. No, I have not tested the plugin directly on local (Any pointers on how to?)

4. This is a POC for my understanding.

Thanks!

Employee

When adding the plugins to DITA-OT - did you also run the integrator?

Running DITA-OT plugin on local 

• In the DITA-OT folder you generally have sample content under docsrc/samples/taskbook.ditamap 
  • Once you have integrated the plugins in the DITA-OT then you can run following command to test your plugin by running following command under the directory "<path-to-DITA-OT>/DITA-OT/bin"
    • dita --input=docsrc/samples/taskbook.ditamap --format=<plugin-name>

Community Advisor

@DivrajSingh - No I didn't run the integrator.

However running the plugin on local is generating the docx format.

This is for the com.elovirtal.ooxml plugin - 

Rohan_Garg_0-1685011069427.png

Supported transformation types are ah.wml, dita, docx, eclipsehelp, html5, htmlhelp, markdown, markdown_gitbook, markdown_github, pdf, pdf2, xhtml.