Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking clicks on website Print button

Level 1

Any tricks to tracking Print button clicks? I can't seem to get it working using standard methods (Click trigger based on CSS elements).

Thanks!

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Click trigger based on CSS selector should do the trick... Can you share the web page where you're trying to get it working on? I can take a look at the source code and recommend a selector.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Click trigger based on CSS selector should do the trick... Can you share the web page where you're trying to get it working on? I can take a look at the source code and recommend a selector.

Level 2

Applying tracking code to any button that invokes the browser print dialogue generates the adobe event after a user clicks the (Print or Cancel) button within the dialogue window.  Is there anyway to capture clicks on the button before the dialogue opens as we want to gauge intent at the actual point of interaction on the button?  Perhaps changing the order in some way so the click is tracked then the browser print function is launched rather then when the user interacts with the dialogue box. There is a good discussion regarding applying tags to track print here but interaction is again tracked after a user clicks the dialogue print, cancel or save if pdf, etc.

https://www.blastanalytics.com/blog/tracking-print-page-action-google-analytics