Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM - s_code Won't Propagate on Site

Level 3

I have inserted my s_code for my sites through the DTM interface as well as used the "Customize Page Code" section to capture values from my URLs to populate my s.pageName. I have checked and both my header and footer tags can clearly be seen on every page of my sites. However, the s_code is not present, nor is the code to capture the URL values. When I use the SiteCatalyst debugger, I get "no requests found". Any ideas? Could DTM be down? My site is on CQ5, so Adobe products should work with Adobe products, right?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You will want to follow the instructions here:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/dtm/general_settings_analyitcs.html

You will need to set the 

sat_track

cookie to "true" for every user.  I think it must be set manually by the user, but I am unfamiliar with what the law requires...sorry I can't help much there.

Thanks,

Ben

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Are you using your staging or production embed code?  If production, did you publish all your changes?

Have you verified that you put in your s_code as well as the AppMeasurement or H Code library in the "managed s_code" code editor in your Analytics tool?

If you open up your javascript console on your browser of the page(s) in question and type in _satellite and hit enter, do you get "undefined" or any error?

In your Analytics tool, do you have EU compliance checkbox checked?

Those are a few things than can cause this to happen...

Level 3

Thanks! 

1. I'm using production embed code and all changes are published - Check :)

2. Yes, everything is in the managed s_code library in the Analytics tools in DTM

3. I typed in _satellite in the console and got: Object {$datafunctionuuid18dataCacheObjectisArrayfunctionisObjectfunction}

4. Yes, I have the EU compliance checkbox checked. Do I need to remove this??

THANK YOU!!!

Level 3

I removed the checkmark for EU compliance and that fixed it! YEAH!! 

However, what do I do if my sites are used by European customers as well? How do we abide by the EU data protection laws?

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee

You will want to follow the instructions here:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/dtm/general_settings_analyitcs.html

You will need to set the 

sat_track

cookie to "true" for every user.  I think it must be set manually by the user, but I am unfamiliar with what the law requires...sorry I can't help much there.

Thanks,

Ben