Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM Event Based Rule Firing Twice

Level 2

I am tagging a microsite which is built on one page. I want s.tl calls to fire once each section of the page appears in the viewport for 2 seconds. When I use Event Type 'enters viewport' and select the radio button 'for ____ milliseconds [and use 2000 in the blank], the Adobe Analytics call fires twice.

If I change this to the immediately radio button it fires only once, but it does not get me the metric that I am interested in because it does not tell me if a person has actually stopped on a given section to look at it or just scrolled quickly past it.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Pam,

This sounds like a bubbling issue. If you take a look at the rule condition under the 'Bubbling' section, I would try checking the second option or checking the third option and un-checking the first to see if that accomplishes the desired behavior:

If not, feel free to shoot me a private message with the DTM property name, rule name, and a URL to test and I'm happy to take a closer look.

Hope this helps!

Anna

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Pam,

This sounds like a bubbling issue. If you take a look at the rule condition under the 'Bubbling' section, I would try checking the second option or checking the third option and un-checking the first to see if that accomplishes the desired behavior:

If not, feel free to shoot me a private message with the DTM property name, rule name, and a URL to test and I'm happy to take a closer look.

Hope this helps!

Anna

Level 3

The image I referenced in my previous response isn't showing up for some reason, I attached here as well.

Level 2

salomePB wrote...

Hi Pam,

Hope this helps!

Anna

Thank you Anna!  That appears to have worked!