Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Direct Calls from Iframe

Level 2

Hi all - 

I have a webpage that has an iframe on it. I have a form on the iframe'd page. Using direct call rules, i have a string passed to Adobe Analytics each time the form is submitted. 

The problem is, i have a tracking code on the parent page, but the Direct Call rule that is being fired is not getting attributed to the campaign code. 

I have the marketing cloud service setup. How can i resolve this issue?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Leep,

Also , To  Successfully track the iframe page You just need to add the same DTM Header & Footer code (that you have on parent page) to iframe page/form and yes, there will be multiple server calls and you'll need to suppress one by adding this to your tool custom code:

var isInIframe = (parent !== window)
if(isInIframe ){
return false; //this will prevent the Adobe Analytics tool to send a pageview image request
}else{
return true; //this will allow the Adobe Analytics tool to send a pageview image request
}

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Leep,

There is a few things we need to verify in this case.

1) Can you see Analytics beacons being fired from both the page and the iframe?
2) If you are seeing those beacons, do they contain the same 'mid' parameter?
3) If you can see the Analytics beacon being sent from the iframe, does that beacon contain the tracking code?

Once we know the answer to these questions, we can figure out where we need go next.

Cheers,

Jantzen

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Leep,

Also , To  Successfully track the iframe page You just need to add the same DTM Header & Footer code (that you have on parent page) to iframe page/form and yes, there will be multiple server calls and you'll need to suppress one by adding this to your tool custom code:

var isInIframe = (parent !== window)
if(isInIframe ){
return false; //this will prevent the Adobe Analytics tool to send a pageview image request
}else{
return true; //this will allow the Adobe Analytics tool to send a pageview image request
}

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi ,

Is the above issue resolved or is there anything else that we can help you with ?

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal