Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ALERT You cannot access that company from your current context. Please change active organizations.

Level 1

I keep running into this error while I am logged into my org. I used to get around this by logging in on a incognito window, but now that stops working after a few minutes. Anyone else run into this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Okay so the reason why this happens is thus:

In the scenario described there are two accounts but they are managed completely different.

The first account is managed strictly in DTM so DTM decides who has access.

The second account where it says you do not have access you must login to the Cloud is because the check box for permissions to be handled through the Cloud is turned on. On the second account the user is expected to login via the Cloud in order for them to gain access to set the permissions.

Presently working as expected here. It looks weird since one is grayed out and the other is active. It all depends on where you login. When the permissions are managed through the Cloud its expecting you go through marketing.adobe.com not through dtm.adobe.com for login. Make sense?

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Sorry to hear your having a hard time logging in. Can I get some additional context around where you are seeing this issue? Is this on the login screen (marketing.adobe.com) or when you are clicking on a specific solution after logging into marketing.adobe.com?

Also, do you know if your user has access to multiple organizations or multiple instances of the same solution (2 different Analytics companies for example)?

-Jantzen

Level 1

It occurs after logging in and being in a specific web property, clicking to a new screen will trigger the alert, and at that point the interface is no longer usable without logging out and back in.

There are no other companies accessible, no.

Level 10

To clarify, how are you logging in and which product are logged into? Is it correct to assume you are logging in via marketing.adobe.com and that you are logged into DTM (based on you mentioning web property). Also, when you say "clicking to a new screen" does that mean that at random intervals you will receive the error while navigating around the DTM interface, or is it a specific page within the DTM interface?

Have you tried logging out and clearing all of your browser cookies?

Level 1

I am seeing a similar issue that is probably related:

I could no longer edit any of my web properties in the DTM dashboard (which worked fine yesterday). The message in my case is "To access this company, please change your active organization. Contact a company administrator to be added the organization in the Marketing Cloud."

I logged in through marketing.adobe.com and do have user and admin rights for DTM product assigned in the admin console.

What worked for me to get rid of this error for now is opening a new incognito tab, and log in again. Hope this helps to narrow this down.

Level 10

It sounds like some sort of cookie issue. Opening an incognito window essentially gives you a fresh set of cookies for that session. I'd suggest clearing your browsers cache and cookies and logging in again.

One thing to also pay very close attention to is the ID type. Some customers are using Enterprise and Federated ID's in addition to Adobe IDs. Keep in mind, a Adobe ID tied to user@company.com and a Federated or Enterprise ID tied to user@company.com are completely different users even if they share the same email address. This means their permissions are independent as well. If your Adobe ID has access to DTM but your Enterprise/Federated ID does not, you'll have issues accessing DTM if signing in with your enterprise/federated ID.

Level 2

I'm having similar issue. Please advice how to resolve it.

I have been added as an Admin to Adobe products, such as Analytics and DTM. When I go to dtm.adobe.com/dashboard I see a list of companies available to me, yet, the recently added one is greyed out. There is also a message "Please login via Marketing Cloud to access greyed out companies." on a page. When I hover over the greyed out property, I see "To access this property, please change your active organization. Contact a company administrator to be added to the organization in the Marketing Cloud".

Please let me know how to resolve the issue and to be able to see all available properties in one place: dtm.adobe.com/dashboard. Thank you in advance!

Employee

Really does sounds like a cookie issue based on what is getting described here.

Employee

So hey I got a question olenan46316709​ Sounds like its getting you an issue with the permissions are you using the default access group by any chance? Can you hit me up with a PM so I can see which cloud this is see if we can fix what you got going on?

~ Kerry

Correct answer by
Employee

Okay so the reason why this happens is thus:

In the scenario described there are two accounts but they are managed completely different.

The first account is managed strictly in DTM so DTM decides who has access.

The second account where it says you do not have access you must login to the Cloud is because the check box for permissions to be handled through the Cloud is turned on. On the second account the user is expected to login via the Cloud in order for them to gain access to set the permissions.

Presently working as expected here. It looks weird since one is grayed out and the other is active. It all depends on where you login. When the permissions are managed through the Cloud its expecting you go through marketing.adobe.com not through dtm.adobe.com for login. Make sense?