Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple Customer Attribute Files

Level 2

Are there any potential "gotchas" or concerns with mapping multiple customer attribute files to Adobe Target.

Each File would represent a separate customer group based on membership level and site/country

Example:

Member US

Member UK

Each would be mapped to target. Each would be mapped to it's own report suite.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Eric Caudle wrote...

If I map two attributes from one file to target (example: field1 & field2). And then I map two fields from another file to Target with the same field names (example: field1 & field2 again), does this count as 2 or 4 attributes toward my 200 attribute limit?

If they aren't in the same datasource, it would count as 4. If you uploading additional files to the same datasource, it should only count as 2. Essentially, every time you click the "Add Subscription" button and choose a solution, you should count that toward your limits.

Here is a screenshot showing multiple files within the same datasource.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Are there any potential "gotchas" or concerns with mapping multiple customer attribute files to Adobe Target.

Each File would represent a separate customer group based on membership level and site/country

Example:

Member US

Member UK

Each would be mapped to target. Each would be mapped to it's own report suite.

Also, what does the following statement mean: "Each attribute source should contain the same number of comma-separated fields. "

Does this mean that each file uploaded should have the same headers or just the same number of fields?

The statement is found here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcloud/crs_data_file.html

Thanks!

Level 10

Eric,

There shouldn't be any issue uploading multiple files to Customer Attributes and using them in Adobe Target. I would suggest a quick read through the FAQs located here. There are a few Target specific questions toward the bottom of the page.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 10

Eric Caudle wrote...

Also, what does the following statement mean: "Each attribute source should contain the same number of comma-separated fields. "

Does this mean that each file uploaded should have the same headers or just the same number of fields?

The statement is found here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcloud/crs_data_file.html

I believe this is just a reminder to ensure all rows in your data source have either a value or placeholder for each column when converted to CSV format. Alternatively, it may also indicate that you need to ensure any new data added to the same source has the same number of columns to avoid schema mismatch errors. 

Level 2

Thanks Jantzen! That information is helpful.

A follow up question if you don't mind:

If I map two attributes from one file to target (example: field1 & field2). And then I map two fields from another file to Target with the same field names (example: field1 & field2 again), does this count as 2 or 4 attributes toward my 200 attribute limit?

Thanks again!

Eric

Level 2

That makes sense. Thanks!

Eric

Correct answer by
Level 10

Eric Caudle wrote...

If they aren't in the same datasource, it would count as 4. If you uploading additional files to the same datasource, it should only count as 2. Essentially, every time you click the "Add Subscription" button and choose a solution, you should count that toward your limits.

Here is a screenshot showing multiple files within the same datasource.

Level 10

No problem! Thanks for stopping by! smiley

Also, if you wouldn't mind, we like to have our users mark the correct answer in case someone reads this thread in the future. You can do so by clicking the "Mark as: Correct" text next to the answer you felt best answered your question.

Cheers,

Jantzen