Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Id sync via Email

Level 3

Hi,

From an Adobe Audience Manager perspective, it appears, we could pass an email ID as parameter to "id sync" the user without the need for the user to "authenticate" on site. Any issues to look out for with this method?

Also, what should the query string look like to pass the email ID? Should it look like the below?

http://dpm.demdex.net/ibs:dpid=<VENDOR_ID>&dpuuid=<VENDOR_UUID>&redir=<REDIRECT_URL>;

Any assistance or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Winston

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Winston,

Sorry for the delay in my reply...

After chatting with a colleague from the AAM support team, you are correct in that you would need to have code on the page to look for the value being passed in.  You could do this using your own custom code, or I imagine you could potentially pull the data from Analytics as well.

The use-case you mentioned regarding a single email going out to multiple users is something you'll need to definitely consider when implementing.  We recommend that the IDs synced with AAM are tied to a specific customer if possible.  It is not required, but it will limit the number of merged profiles that accidentally include different people.  

Cheers,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Winston,

From the AAM perspective, we don't see any reason why you couldn't pass an email in as the customer ID. You are correct, you don't need to specify an authentication state (leaving it off defaults to unauthenticated). If you plan on sending multiple emails, you could have one user being synced with multiple IDs, so ensure you plan for that accordingly.

If you can give me a few more details, I might be able to provide additional insight. For instance, is whether the call is being sent from within an email, or is something you are sending on one of your pages?

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 3

Hi Jantzen,

Thank you for the reply.

The idea here is when a user receives an email (sent via Adobe Campaign), the user clicks through and lands on the landing page. The landing page string will contain the user's hashed email and on the page we'd like to make the "id sync" call. I'm told this is possible. I'm also led to believe, we'll need to have a java script that checks for the hashed id in the query string and fire the id sync if the id is present.

I'm trying to find out if there are any issues we should look out for with this method.

One of the things we are mindful is that, there are instances a single email can be linked to multiple recipients( i.e business customers who use a generic email) in Adobe Campaign. So wondering if the above method may cause any issues or any best practices we could use?

Hope you can shed some light around the above.

Cheers,

Winston

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Winston,

Sorry for the delay in my reply...

After chatting with a colleague from the AAM support team, you are correct in that you would need to have code on the page to look for the value being passed in.  You could do this using your own custom code, or I imagine you could potentially pull the data from Analytics as well.

The use-case you mentioned regarding a single email going out to multiple users is something you'll need to definitely consider when implementing.  We recommend that the IDs synced with AAM are tied to a specific customer if possible.  It is not required, but it will limit the number of merged profiles that accidentally include different people.  

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 3

Hi Jantzen,

Thank you. Appreciate your feedback on this.

regards,

Winston

Level 10

Winston,

Glad I was able to help. If you feel your questions have been answered, can you mark the answer you felt most helpful as correct? This will ensure other users can easily find answers should they have similar questions.

Thanks,

Jantzen