Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using Target XT Experience to inject content

Level 4

Quick question regarding Adobe Target. 

This is possible?

My CMS has a live page with just a shell - I'm standing up a new page on my site, but the CMS doesn't have all the content yet (development issues).
I'm using Adobe Target XT Experience to inject additional components that are not CMS ready yet, but we want to get live so we can do some AB Testing.

• The XT will use geo-location targeting to show the appropriate page experience.
    • All users, except XYX geo location
    • Users only in XYX geo location.

I'm AB testing access to the new page via a SEPARATE AB test using Target to modify the navigation bar.

Setup will be: 

• Control: No navigation access.
  • Variant B will have the link access.

My impression is that the XT Experience will load content regardless of the navigation and the AB test will be used to control the access. No one can find the new page without use of the navigation. It's not searchable either. I'll then in Adobe Analytics be able to pull together the AB test and pull in page access and engagement metrics.

Does this sound right?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @JPFiber,

That sounds right. The XT activity should run only on the new page (based on URL). And I'd just use an "all visitors" audience to add the needed content change.

The AB test will run globally I presume. If using the Visual Experience Composer (VEC) to setup use a template rule to apply the test to all applicable URLs.

Hope that helps!

-R

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @JPFiber,

That sounds right. The XT activity should run only on the new page (based on URL). And I'd just use an "all visitors" audience to add the needed content change.

The AB test will run globally I presume. If using the Visual Experience Composer (VEC) to setup use a template rule to apply the test to all applicable URLs.

Hope that helps!

-R