Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Target Recommendations Clicks Not Tracking

Level 2

Currently have recommendations displaying on all product detail pages via a JSON offer and a form builder activity. The recommendations are showing exactly as expected however none of the interactions with any of the recommended products is being captured in analytics.

The implementation looks to be functionally sound with the exception of the click tracking. My hunch is that it has something to do with the load order of the first and second analytics call, something is loading out of order and not capturing the click event that is an out-of-the-box metric in Target.

At one point the clicks were tracking but after a recent "slight" redesign of the site all click tracking associated with the recommended products has fallen off completely. I've looked at at.js version, a4t version, and visitor api version and everything looks to be inline with the configuration guidelines.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not sure if I have already understood your problem correctly.

In what order is Adobe Target loaded and when is Adobe Analytics loaded? Is it loaded synchronously or asynchronously?

Is the problem only the timing, that after the click - too fast is switched to another page?
If yes or there is a suspicion - you can simply stop it by e.g. window.onbeforeunload = function(e) { return 'Dialog text here.'; }; that the page is left and check if the mbox call / trackEvent was sent. If this is your problem - the click event needs to be processed - that you first do the tracking and on the callback or promise accordingly continue the actual task of the click.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not sure if I have already understood your problem correctly.

In what order is Adobe Target loaded and when is Adobe Analytics loaded? Is it loaded synchronously or asynchronously?

Is the problem only the timing, that after the click - too fast is switched to another page?
If yes or there is a suspicion - you can simply stop it by e.g. window.onbeforeunload = function(e) { return 'Dialog text here.'; }; that the page is left and check if the mbox call / trackEvent was sent. If this is your problem - the click event needs to be processed - that you first do the tracking and on the callback or promise accordingly continue the actual task of the click.