Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target experience is not showing after user accpets cookies policy from hubspot

Level 2

The website I am making the implementation for has a cookie policy banner from. The experience created on Target is showing properly before I accept the cookie policy, but after I accept it, the page refreshes and the experience is no longer showing. What could be causing this behavior?

The following error message appears o console:

zV01Dz_0-1671830620154.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello @Perrin_Ennen,
Thank you very much for your help. The reason the content was not showing up was because the website was changing the address of the element to something new after accepting the cookies. However, I was able to fix the issue by enabling CSS selector to use the IDs and Classes of the elements in the VEC configuration. This way, the path doesn't change because it is now using the class that is always the same. Thank you once again for your assistance.
Best regard,

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @zV01Dz,

how is the at.js integrated? Per script tag or as an extension in Launch?

Community Advisor

I guess there is just a rule missing that checks if the consent for Adobe Target is given - and then loads Target accordingly.

Level 2

I understand that you think there may be a missing rule that checks for consent before loading Adobe Target. That could definitely be a factor in this issue.

I also want to mention that this error seems to only be occurring on the first activity that is created. For all other activities that we create, the error does not repeat. This could potentially be a clue as to what is causing the issue.

Do you have any ideas about why this error might only be happening on the first activity, and not on subsequent ones?

Community Advisor

I'm not sure if that possibly applies:

If this affects only one activity and works for all others directly after consent and first reload - it may be that an audience is not yet valid at this time, because only required information is not yet available.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello @Perrin_Ennen,
Thank you very much for your help. The reason the content was not showing up was because the website was changing the address of the element to something new after accepting the cookies. However, I was able to fix the issue by enabling CSS selector to use the IDs and Classes of the elements in the VEC configuration. This way, the path doesn't change because it is now using the class that is always the same. Thank you once again for your assistance.
Best regard,