Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Capturing data for inactive activity in A4T

Level 2

Hello,
I ran activity 1 for a few days before deactivating it a month earlier. After making minor traffic modifications and taking the cloned activity-2 live, I made a copy of that second activity.
The problem is that I'm still receiving 1%–2% of page views for activity 1 even if it is Inactive.
Note: activity is running in apps.

- Any idea/suggestions as to why inactive activity continues to collect data?

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

HI -

Adobe can explain it better than I can!

The Target variable sent to Analytics has a default 90-day expiration period. This expiration period can be adjusted by Customer Care if needed. This setting is global for all activities; however, so it should not be adjusted for one case.

You might see Target variables sent to Analytics after the expiration period because the expiration is 90 days, but only if that user never sees another A4T-enabled Target activity. If a user comes back to the site on day 45 and sees another activity, the entire A4T eVar value has its counter reset to 90 days. That means the first campaign from day 1 now could be persisting for up to 45 + 90 = 135 days. If the user keeps coming back, you might get to the point where you see metrics sent to Analytics in your reporting from much older activities. As users delete cookies and don’t return to the site, the numbers in that activity drop, but you can still see them.

Why are Target metrics sent to Analytics even after the activity has been deactivated? 

Thanks,

Shari

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

HI -

Adobe can explain it better than I can!

The Target variable sent to Analytics has a default 90-day expiration period. This expiration period can be adjusted by Customer Care if needed. This setting is global for all activities; however, so it should not be adjusted for one case.

You might see Target variables sent to Analytics after the expiration period because the expiration is 90 days, but only if that user never sees another A4T-enabled Target activity. If a user comes back to the site on day 45 and sees another activity, the entire A4T eVar value has its counter reset to 90 days. That means the first campaign from day 1 now could be persisting for up to 45 + 90 = 135 days. If the user keeps coming back, you might get to the point where you see metrics sent to Analytics in your reporting from much older activities. As users delete cookies and don’t return to the site, the numbers in that activity drop, but you can still see them.

Why are Target metrics sent to Analytics even after the activity has been deactivated? 

Thanks,

Shari

Employee Advisor

Hi @SaiGaneshReddy 

Firstly, I would suggest you check the number of the activity across "Activity impression" metrics with the same touch attribution model. 

There might be other reasons that numbers are counted across Activity 1

Please refer to this document https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/a4t/a4t-faq/a4t-faq-viewing-reports.h...

Where it explains the same scenario. 

Also, there might be a possibility that one user who was a part of Activity 1 when the activity was live and the same user was coming again within 14 days then it would be a part of reporting. 

*By default, a visitor profile in Adobe Target expires after 14 days of inactivity for that visitor. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/visitor-profile-life....

Hope this helps!