Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Recommendations of Most popular criteria

Level 1

Hi all!

I have implemented Recommendations of certain tourist places that recommends most popular tourist places for the new user using Most popular criteria in Adobe Target. I have got certain changes on my website, but is there any way I can validate that these places are actually popular across the site? How can we make sure that the entities recommendation is showing me the correct order? If I can use Adobe workspace, how can I do that?

Please do let me know incase of any info.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @AnalyticsEnthusiast 

If you wanted to sanity check the recommendation results from a "popularity" based Criteria I would suggest 

1. "Download data" from the Recommendations Activity - this will download a .csv with the back end data from your Criteria.
    Jacob_T1_0-1669797839296.png
  2. In Analytics Workspace, create a Freeform Table with the equivalent Dimension and Metric to your Recommendations Entity (e.g. an evar) & Popularity based Algorithm (e.g. views, purchases or other analytics metric).
  3. Compare the data sets.

You can also see more detail about how the Target algorithms generate outputs here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/criteria/recommendations-algori... 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @AnalyticsEnthusiast 

If you wanted to sanity check the recommendation results from a "popularity" based Criteria I would suggest 

1. "Download data" from the Recommendations Activity - this will download a .csv with the back end data from your Criteria.
    Jacob_T1_0-1669797839296.png
  2. In Analytics Workspace, create a Freeform Table with the equivalent Dimension and Metric to your Recommendations Entity (e.g. an evar) & Popularity based Algorithm (e.g. views, purchases or other analytics metric).
  3. Compare the data sets.

You can also see more detail about how the Target algorithms generate outputs here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/criteria/recommendations-algori...