Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

"CLicked an mbox" tracks no conversions but "viewed an mbox" does

Level 2

How do you get "clicked an mbox"  to work? What does "clicked an mbox" do compared to "viewed an mbox"? 
I've been adding my own click listener to the elements I want to track. The event listeners call trackEvents(), which sends the conversion mbox along with some parameters. This set up works with "viewed an mbox", but I want to know why it doesn't work with "clicked an mbox" . Is there some kind of set up in the DOM with the mbox name that I need to do?
I've already looked at the click tracking and goal setting documentation, but it doesn't mention " clicked an mbox"  at all. In fact, I couldn't find any documentation on the internet about this "clicked an mbox" goal. Everyone else seems to have "clicked an element" as a goal, but I don't see it in my instance of Adobe Target.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The "clicked an mbox" functionality is really from legacy implementations of Target that used regional mboxes defined with a div wrapped around specific areas of the web page. It hasn't been relevant for web since the at.js replaced the mbox.js. Using a trackEvent() or getOffer/s() in conjunction with the "viewed an mbox" conversion method is the better way.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The "clicked an mbox" functionality is really from legacy implementations of Target that used regional mboxes defined with a div wrapped around specific areas of the web page. It hasn't been relevant for web since the at.js replaced the mbox.js. Using a trackEvent() or getOffer/s() in conjunction with the "viewed an mbox" conversion method is the better way.

Community Advisor

I assume you are using 2.x? If so, "clicked on mbox" works in conjunction with the entry mbox defined on the activity. During the applyOffers portion of the Target Delivery, the DOM selector that is used to run the experiment will be updated with a click interaction in the name of your mbox entry, hence, the connection. If you watch the response of the Target call (omtrdc) in the network panel, you should see an additional token called "metrics" with a click token in there. It only happens if you have the "clicked on mbox" setting set up in the Goals & Settings page.