Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

pageLoad parameters in Adobe Target Delivery API

Level 4

I'm seeing issues with the pageLoad parameters not working in Adobe Target Delivery API calls

I'm under the impression that these properties should be available for audience segmentation for use with the associated mbox.  However, I am not seeing the properties available in the audience definition custom audience associated with the mbox.  Does anyone know how/why this is?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rrrrrraul  

Are you referring to Page Parameters?  which generally called  “mbox parameters”. These are name/value pairs passed in directly through page code that are not stored in the visitor’s profile. 

For this,  2 methods are used - targetPageParams() and targetPageParamsAll. 

The parameters passed through above methods can be seen in Audience section under Adobe Target 

Gokul_Agiwal_0-1706461149203.png

And the other's way to get the data in Target and used for Audience, In- Page Profile attributes, These are name/value pairs passed directly through page code that are stored in the visitor’s profile for future use. 

Gokul_Agiwal_1-1706461405868.png

Here is the guide or help documentation

In case, if you're looking any specific use case, please reply 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Could you give an example of which parameters you're referring to? And also ideally a screenshot showing where in the request to Target the parameters are being passed?

Level 4

@alexbishop  I'm referring to the delivery API documentation located here:

https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/delivery-api/

from here it seems that the same pattern for sending mbox page params that exists for web (JavaScript) API.  however when sending data in the pageLoad object here it is not associating it with the mbox.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rrrrrraul  

Are you referring to Page Parameters?  which generally called  “mbox parameters”. These are name/value pairs passed in directly through page code that are not stored in the visitor’s profile. 

For this,  2 methods are used - targetPageParams() and targetPageParamsAll. 

The parameters passed through above methods can be seen in Audience section under Adobe Target 

Gokul_Agiwal_0-1706461149203.png

And the other's way to get the data in Target and used for Audience, In- Page Profile attributes, These are name/value pairs passed directly through page code that are stored in the visitor’s profile for future use. 

Gokul_Agiwal_1-1706461405868.png

Here is the guide or help documentation

In case, if you're looking any specific use case, please reply 

Level 4

@Gokul_Agiwal  I think this is documentation for web (JavaScript), is that correct?

what I'm interested in is how to do this using the Delivery API located @ https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/delivery-api/

any ideas?

Level 4

okay I think it's just a request data structure on my end.  I changed it up and the internets is working now.

Thanks!