Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Confusion Regarding Multiple at.js Versions in Administration - Implementation Tab

Level 2

Hello,

I noticed something confusing while checking the Administration > Implementation tab in Adobe Target.

1. Main Implementation Method:

• at.js 2.11.4
  2. Other Implementation Methods:

• at.js 1.8.3

To be honest, I'm not fully understanding how the implementation was set up, but here's what I know:

• The at.js is deployed using Adobe Launch.
  • We also have the Adobe Target v2 Launch extension (at.js v2.11.4) installed.

My Questions:

1. Is it normal to have both at.js 2.11.4 and at.js 1.8.3 showing up in the Administration - Implementation tab?
  2. Could this indicate a problem with how the implementation was done, or should I be concerned about using multiple versions?

Any guidance or clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes it is normal, both options are displayed to all customers in that Implementation section. The reason being that some customers will still be using v1 and there are certain functions, for example, that were deprecated in v2.

When you're using Launch, the methods/versions in the Admin > Implementation section aren't important, it's only relevant for customers that want to implement the Target library without a tag manager   

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes it is normal, both options are displayed to all customers in that Implementation section. The reason being that some customers will still be using v1 and there are certain functions, for example, that were deprecated in v2.

When you're using Launch, the methods/versions in the Admin > Implementation section aren't important, it's only relevant for customers that want to implement the Target library without a tag manager   

Level 2

Thank you!

While we're in the Admin > Implementation section, the On-Device Decisioning section doesn't apply to my implementation, correct? Currently, It's disabled in Implementation but enabled in the extension.

I appreciate it!

Employee Advisor

Yes, that's correct, it's only the settings in the extension that will have any impact