Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

(mbox) Page Parameters not getting set for target server calls

Community Advisor

I am trying to push mbox parameter for page load requests as per below doc but I am unable to

see them in Network tab of the developer console. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-in-websites/implement-solutions/tar...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Creating a data element using a javascript variable didn't work for me so I tried changing it to below & it some how worked for me. Rest stays the same. I just mapped my page variable to this data element it gets attached in target calls 

jsvasu_0-1692933589447.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @JyotiSharmaV,

if you use the targetPageParams function accordingly (before the initialisation of adobe target) - then you still have to activate the desired profile parameters under Administration > Response tokens - so that it is also visible in the requests in the dev tools.

Community Advisor

Thanks @Perrin_Ennen in my target library load rule as below screenshot1, I am trying to pass dummy page param like secreenshot2

jsvasu_0-1685040625632.png

screenshot2

jsvasu_1-1685040687721.png

Does this parameter name need to be activated like below screenshot3:

jsvasu_2-1685040736373.png

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @JyotiSharmaV,
do you have another screenshot of the data element? You can also enter "testPageName" at value for testing - to see if this works then. If this still doesn't work - I would recommend to change the Action Type and also use Add Params to All Requests - if this is currently your problem.

Community Advisor

Hi @Perrin_Ennen sorry for replying late. But I am still having issues:

Here is the screenshot for the data element you asked for. This data element is working perfectly okay for all my other rules of analytics so no worry about this.

jsvasu_0-1685559440429.png

However, I also tried your way of passing hardcoded value in both action types as you suggested. But nothing is coming up in Request Payload 

jsvasu_0-1685559560510.png

jsvasu_1-1685559612211.png

jsvasu_2-1685559672029.png

Administrator

Hi @JyotiSharmaV were you able to find a solution to your question from the insights that @Perrin_Ennen was able to offer here? Please feel free to update the thread with your findings or further questions if not! Thank you both for your ongoing thoughtful contributions to the Adobe Target Community

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Creating a data element using a javascript variable didn't work for me so I tried changing it to below & it some how worked for me. Rest stays the same. I just mapped my page variable to this data element it gets attached in target calls 

jsvasu_0-1692933589447.png