Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to disqualifying Target Audiences as they had interact with the Target delivered activity?

Level 2

Target experience is adding an additional CTA.

I would like to show this experience to only customer who has not interacted with the CTA yet.

In another word, once visitor clicked on the CTA the next time when they visit the same page, either within the same session or not, they should not be qualified to see the experience. Which also means the audience pool become smaller as visitor interact with the experience.

The CTA is injected with interact event content, that can be pick up in Analytics, using JS.

Is there a profile script can enable this, I have explored the user profile option, however, I don think it has an option for me

Much appreciate for your help in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi @EugeniaFang   -

1.Use trackEvent() to pass an mbox-param when interaction happens with the CTA.

button.addEventListener('click', event => {
adobe.target.trackEvent({
"mbox": "clicked-cta",
"params": {
"cta-name": "my-cta"
}
});
});

2. Configure a in a profile script, say my-cta-clicked

if (mbox.name == 'clicked-cta'
&& mbox.param('cta-name')
&& mbox.param('cta-name') === "my-cta"){
return true;
}

3. Use my-cta-clicked in an Audience (for your case - user.my-cta-clicked is not equal to true)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @EugeniaFang 

Perhaps start with this page - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/success-metrics/success-metrics.html... - as I think you could probably configure the advanced settings of what to do when a user engages with the activity. There is an option in there to remove them from the audience of the activity so that they won't see the button the next time around. 

Level 2

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, this option will not work for A4T, as the the primary goal of the test is measured by customized interact Rate built in Analytics. Therefore, I am looking for an audience constraint in the Target setting step. 

Have you ever encountered any case that the audience pools shrinking the as the test accepting interactions?

Thanks,

Eugenia

Employee Advisor

@EugeniaFang In situations, where you have a constraint condition profile scripts can be of great use. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/profile-parameters.h...

Few examples of profile scripts- 

• Visit count
  • Has visited a URL
  • User has seen a URL parameter

http://www.modus73.com/method/adobe-target-profile-script-example

And with your specific mentioned case, you can use "has visited a URL" profile script. 

Level 2

Hi @dsingh16,

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately "has visited a URL" profile script, won't work for this test, as the requirements of Target audience is [returning customer and have not click on the Target enabled CTA].

Any ideas on how to verify whether the Target enable CTA is clicked?

Thanks,

Eugenia

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi @EugeniaFang   -

1.Use trackEvent() to pass an mbox-param when interaction happens with the CTA.

button.addEventListener('click', event => {
adobe.target.trackEvent({
"mbox": "clicked-cta",
"params": {
"cta-name": "my-cta"
}
});
});

2. Configure a in a profile script, say my-cta-clicked

if (mbox.name == 'clicked-cta'
&& mbox.param('cta-name')
&& mbox.param('cta-name') === "my-cta"){
return true;
}

3. Use my-cta-clicked in an Audience (for your case - user.my-cta-clicked is not equal to true)

Hope this helps

Level 2

Thank you very much for the advice @Rajneesh_Gautam_ !

I have applied and tested the solution 

The only thing I did differently was used jQuery in the first step, since the added CTA was enabled using jQuery and I have found the documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

sincerely,

Eugenia