Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Holding out a control for an experience targeting activity in Adobe Target

Level 2

Hello,

I'm looking to create an experience targeting activity within Adobe Target that shows multiple different audiences of visitors personalised webpage experiences. As part of this I want to hold out a control population that I can measure the personalisation against. In the A/B testing activity it is easy to hold a control, but in experience targeting not so much. Can anyone please explain how to best do this in this particular circumstance? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Rhodri2 could you try using the "Multiple audiences" feature for AB test. Using this you may use Experience A with "Default content" and for Experience B you may apply multiple audiences so visitors have different content based upon the qualification criteria . You may refer to this document : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/abtest/create/target-experience-to-m... 

Gaurav_Singh_0-1622522951152.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Rhodri2 could you try using the "Multiple audiences" feature for AB test. Using this you may use Experience A with "Default content" and for Experience B you may apply multiple audiences so visitors have different content based upon the qualification criteria . You may refer to this document : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/abtest/create/target-experience-to-m... 

Gaurav_Singh_0-1622522951152.png

Level 2

Thanks for the response Gaurav. I've been attempting to use this feature but am a little confused. How do you specify which audience you want to apply to each experience? Is it simply by having the desired audience alongside the desired experience? To be clearer.. In your above example you have an audience 'Landing Page'. How would you assign that audience to see your experience B?

Employee Advisor

Let's take the example of the screenshot shared :

As per the setup, we have an AB test with 2 Experiences ( EXP A and EXP B). For EXP B we have added further audience refinements (ClientCare_test, CRNT1, Landing Page, Chrome).

When visitors qualify for This AB test, EXP A and EXP B are randomly served. Now once a visitor gets bucketed for EXP B, then they are again evaluated against the audience refinements and based upon the segment they qualify for, the content is rendered.

Hence you just need to serve desired experience against each audience refinement. For example, I would create a different experience for chrome users and would align that experience to "Chrome" audience refinement.

Hope this helps.

Level 2

How do you specify an audience to a specific experience exactly though? I get from your above screenshot, that you have created 4 audiences (ClientCare_test, CRNT-1, Landing Page, and chrome), but how do you specify that you only want those 4 audiences to see your experience B, and not A (or a new EXP C if you created one)? Based on what I've done, once I've added a number of audiences it looks like every one of these audiences applies to every one of the experiences I choose to create alongside them. To  further clarify by example.. if you were to create a new experience C above the two you have already created, how could you specify that only CRNT-1 would see the new EXP C, and the remaining 3 audiences would see EXP B?