Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

English browser language audience set up

Level 2

our website is translated into 4 different languages (english, german, french, japanese). For the most part, we run our tests on english versions of the page and I have tried to create a audience with the specifications of browser > language > equals > english. When I did that the test came up with zero traffic. However If I set up the audience as browser > language > does not equal > French, German, Japanese

I recieve usual traffic. why is this happening? and why can't I set it up as equals english? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Maple-Michelle1

Perhaps you've solved this already. Normally the out of the box Browser > Language audience rule options should work fine. However, if you find them not working as expected you could use a profile script to define an audience. The profile script could check for the four languages you care about and return which one is most preferred. Something like this:

var brL = user.header('accept-language') || "0";
if (brL.search(/^ja|^en|^fr|^de/) > -1) {
	return brL.substring(0,2);
}

Then in your English audience rule use: Visitor Profile > Name-of-your-profile-script equals: en

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Maple-Michelle1

Perhaps you've solved this already. Normally the out of the box Browser > Language audience rule options should work fine. However, if you find them not working as expected you could use a profile script to define an audience. The profile script could check for the four languages you care about and return which one is most preferred. Something like this:

var brL = user.header('accept-language') || "0";
if (brL.search(/^ja|^en|^fr|^de/) > -1) {
	return brL.substring(0,2);
}

Then in your English audience rule use: Visitor Profile > Name-of-your-profile-script equals: en

Hope that helps.

Community Advisor

Hi @Ryan_Roberts_  I am getting "0" as the profile script value. does it mean this accept-language is not present in the user header?