Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

A/B Test - Experience looking different in Target vs On the actual page

Level 1

Hello, I was doing some A/B Tests on the website using the Rearrange feature in Target with a 50-50% audience divide. But when I am setting up these experiences in Target they look perfect but when I check the same experiences using QA URLs they are not working.

I also tried injecting a custom script through Target, which solved the problem for a while but after some time it also stopped working. The experiences look right inside the Target Edit experiences window but not on the production page.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @apoorv-jain,
the rearrange feature sounds like you are doing this in the VEC. Are you just using the feature or are you running custom JavaScript code?

To me, most of the time when it works in the VEC or code is executed via the console - but then doesn't work in the with QA link or on PROD - it sounds like a timing issue.

Maybe the test is executed too early and/or you want to rearrange something in a react component that is not rendered yet. Is there something that applies to your case?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @apoorv-jain,
the rearrange feature sounds like you are doing this in the VEC. Are you just using the feature or are you running custom JavaScript code?

To me, most of the time when it works in the VEC or code is executed via the console - but then doesn't work in the with QA link or on PROD - it sounds like a timing issue.

Maybe the test is executed too early and/or you want to rearrange something in a react component that is not rendered yet. Is there something that applies to your case?