Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Creating global control segments?

Level 2

Hi has anyone created global controls for A/B testing and personalisation programs? And how did you do it?

I was  thinking of using AAM and the Audience Lab feature to create some broad,  mutually exclusive audiences with a control segment with say 10% allocation. Then mapping the treatment segments only to Target for usage in  A/B test audiences.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Richard,

My only input is whenever possible to build/use a native Target audience I would prefer to do so. Why you ask well take a look at this document: Audience creation options in Adobe Experience Cloud specifically the section that outlines when audiences are actionable see screen-shot below for your convenience. If this was helpful please mark as helpful. Hope you have a wonderful day.1.1_audience_actionable.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Richard,

My only input is whenever possible to build/use a native Target audience I would prefer to do so. Why you ask well take a look at this document: Audience creation options in Adobe Experience Cloud specifically the section that outlines when audiences are actionable see screen-shot below for your convenience. If this was helpful please mark as helpful. Hope you have a wonderful day.1.1_audience_actionable.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Hi Mike, thanks for sharing so it sounds there is a limitation in using AAM in that visitors wont be allocated into test/control audiences until next page which, for for the most part i dont think will impact experiments that target behaviour that happened previously.

Can you offer any advice on creating holistic control group in AAM or Target across multiple activities?