Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating global control segments?

Level 2

Hi has anyone created global controls for A/B testing and personalisation programs? And how did you do it?

I was  thinking of using AAM and the Audience Lab feature to create some broad,  mutually exclusive audiences with a control segment with say 10% allocation. Then mapping the treatment segments only to Target for usage in  A/B test audiences.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Richard,

My only input is whenever possible to build/use a native Target audience I would prefer to do so. Why you ask well take a look at this document: Audience creation options in Adobe Experience Cloud specifically the section that outlines when audiences are actionable see screen-shot below for your convenience. If this was helpful please mark as helpful. Hope you have a wonderful day.1.1_audience_actionable.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Richard,

My only input is whenever possible to build/use a native Target audience I would prefer to do so. Why you ask well take a look at this document: Audience creation options in Adobe Experience Cloud specifically the section that outlines when audiences are actionable see screen-shot below for your convenience. If this was helpful please mark as helpful. Hope you have a wonderful day.1.1_audience_actionable.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Hi Mike, thanks for sharing so it sounds there is a limitation in using AAM in that visitors wont be allocated into test/control audiences until next page which, for for the most part i dont think will impact experiments that target behaviour that happened previously.

Can you offer any advice on creating holistic control group in AAM or Target across multiple activities?