Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create mbox with different content and tags

Level 2

Hi,

I was wondering how I can create an mbox for a campaign which will change for every second user. The campaign I am creating is to check which color on a button has the highest click-through rate. I want to create an mbox which will change the color of the button from red to green for every second visitor. I also need to be able to tag which button color has been displayed so I can find out which color had the highest click through rate. I have the button wrapped in the div and the mbox create function in the code, but I do not know how to get the color to change or to tag the button for each color. How could I achieve this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

When a visitor clicks the button, they arrive on a new page.  If you could put an mbox on that page, that would be the easiest approach.  Then simply select that mbox when you are defining success events within the Campaign.  

As for the test setup, simply select "Default Content" for Experience A and this will show visitors what is already coded on the site which I believe is Red.  Now, you need to create an offer an Adobe Target that will create the Green Experience.  Based off of your code you supplied, it seems that CSS is responsible for creating the color.  If you could supply the URL of the page, I can show you what your offer would look like.  

And lastly, you don't need to have this extra text around the mbox.  The mbox should look like this:

<div class="mboxDefault">
                                             <input id="cta-btn" class="btn" type="submit" value="Shop With Us" />
                                          </div>

<!--mbox Script Code Here-->
                                        <script type="text/javascript">
                                            mboxCreate('ShopButton');
                                        </script>

Again, just send over the URL of the page, and I can get your offer written up. 

Take care, 

Brian 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

Hi Shane,

Have you referred to the help documentation on this page(you may need to refer to rule based targeting. More details on it here)? If not please I would request you to review this and let us know in case of any queries.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 2

HI Shane, 

Not sure I truly understand what exactly you are looking to do.  If you use an A/B Campaign, now called Activity, without any targeting applied to the Experience level, Adobe Target will default split the traffic up evenly across the two experiences.  Both Experiences will use the same mbox and you would just assign the alternative offer or code to Experience B.  That should do the trick if I am understanding you correctly.  

Take care, 

Brian     

Level 2

Hi Jon. Thanks for your response. Yes I just need to set up a multi-variate campaign where the button on a page will switch between two different colors for every second visitor the page has. I was wondering if there is a way to tag both buttons seperately, i.e. tag the green one and the red one, so I know which one the users clicked on most during the campaign. Thanks

Level 2

Hi Celt1888, 

It is actually Brian - not sure why my account says Jon Michels.  :-). 

Can you supply the code for the button here?  If there is an mbox on the click-through page, we can track clicks that way but if not, we can add an onclick function to the button.  Either way, Adobe Target will be able to easily differentiate clicks on either button.  The click will be a success event in the Campaign or Activity.  

Now - for Multivariate tests, you need at least three elements to test and from what I read so far, only the button is being tested so this would be an A/B Activity.  

Take care, 

Brian     

Level 2

Haha I was wondering where I had got Brian out of initially! Yes here is the code:

</div>

mboxCreate('ShopButton', 'Blue');
                                        </script>

We are going to perform an A/B test with just the button first and then a multi-variate test if we do not get the desired results. I have got nearly everything set up now but I am still not sure if I can tag the button so I know which color had the highest click rate, do you know if this is possible? I was reading about success metrics but I am still not sire how I would go about doing it.

Thanks

Shane

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

When a visitor clicks the button, they arrive on a new page.  If you could put an mbox on that page, that would be the easiest approach.  Then simply select that mbox when you are defining success events within the Campaign.  

As for the test setup, simply select "Default Content" for Experience A and this will show visitors what is already coded on the site which I believe is Red.  Now, you need to create an offer an Adobe Target that will create the Green Experience.  Based off of your code you supplied, it seems that CSS is responsible for creating the color.  If you could supply the URL of the page, I can show you what your offer would look like.  

And lastly, you don't need to have this extra text around the mbox.  The mbox should look like this:

</div>

mboxCreate('ShopButton');
                                        </script>

Again, just send over the URL of the page, and I can get your offer written up. 

Take care, 

Brian 

Level 2

That's great thanks. I can't send the page on yet as it is not live, hoping to get it up in the next couple of days and will send it on to you then.

Thanks again

Shane

Level 1

I have similar issue. Thank's for the code :)