Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Can't see any delivery request in network tab and experience not pulling through target - opt in service

Community Advisor

Hello, 

We've implemented opt in service using Adobe Launch. Configured the ECID extension correctly like below 

gokula_1-1608555617414.png

Now once the user accepts cookies for target, we've update the permission and invoke direct call rule to trigger as permission/ consent provided. 

adobe.optIn.approve(adobe.OptInCategories.TARGET, true);
adobe.optIn.complete(); 

Can see Adobe request coming through on page 

gokula_0-1608555435137.png

but can't see any delivery request in network tab instead getting below warning in console  and experience not coming through target 

gokula_0-1608556367343.png

Any idea what's wrong here? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This issue has been resolved. the issue had occurred because of the Adobe target extension has option called GDPR opt in enabled / disabled which conflicts with adobe opt in permission in our case. Earlier it set to enabled but later on when it disabled all working as expected. I 've report this with Adobe.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Gokul_Agiwal 

Please set 'Is Opt In storage enabled' to 'Yes' (Launch > EC ID service extension) so as to store the opt in permissions in a first party cookie 'adobeujs-optin'. You can also debug in the browser console to see 'adobe.optIn.permissions' returns the expected result of each category or not.

Community Advisor

@shelly-goel 

Thanks for the response. I've had check I can see the correct values return by 'adobe.optIn.permissions' for each category like below  but it can also shows the warning message 

gokula_0-1608637984027.png

where as when I interacted with my cookie banner and select only allow Target cookies then with my earlier implementation (in question)  works correctly and I can see the experience through target  and interestingly can't see the above target warning 

gokula_1-1608638273412.png

Not sure why this happening? Any idea? 

Help appreciated, Thanks  

Employee Advisor
@Gokul_Agiwal Okay, let confirm my understanding. [1] You're getting the issue when consent is provided using Adobe.optIn.approveAll() but works fine with Adone.optIn.approve(categories, true)? (this is contradictory to your original post) [2] When do you see the console error - on initial page load, on cookie banner load OR after interacting with the banner? This could possibly a timing issue. [3] If you're not storing the opt-in user preferences in cookie, is it stored in CMP?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This issue has been resolved. the issue had occurred because of the Adobe target extension has option called GDPR opt in enabled / disabled which conflicts with adobe opt in permission in our case. Earlier it set to enabled but later on when it disabled all working as expected. I 've report this with Adobe.