Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Can I run a multi-page test using an mbox instead of refinements?

Level 2

I'm trying to figure out if I can use or create an mbox in Target to run a multi-page test and have it work like URL refinements.

Example: I have 100 products and I want to run a banner on 50 of the products. Product URLs have unique IDs and the URLs are not very SEO friendly.

Example URL: '/lang/product/unqId123/product-name'  ---- Ideal URL: '/lang/product/shared-path/product-name'

Because of the unique ID, I'd have to target ALL products using the url that has '/lang/product' in the URL. Is it possible to create an mbox like 'target-mbox-myTestName' and use that mbox on only the products/pages I'm looking to target w/o using a URL refinement?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @jsolano918,

Yes, you can do that! If it's easier for you to implement a custom mbox across those 50 product pages than to write a refinement rule to address those pages that's a totally viable solution with Adobe Target. I'd just give the mbox a name that is meaningful and helps the person setting up the test/activity to understand where it applies to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @jsolano918,

Yes, you can do that! If it's easier for you to implement a custom mbox across those 50 product pages than to write a refinement rule to address those pages that's a totally viable solution with Adobe Target. I'd just give the mbox a name that is meaningful and helps the person setting up the test/activity to understand where it applies to.

Level 2
Thanks, this was extremely helpful. To follow up, I have another question but its related to this. It's been over a year since I worked in Target. I have seen that mbox.js is basically no longer supported. Is there documentation on best practices to create and implement custom mboxes? I see lots of documentation for the global mbox, but not custom mboxes - thanks!

Employee Advisor
Yes, the mbox.js has been deprecated. To fire a custom mbox location with at.js 2.x you will want to use the new getOffers() function. Details can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...