Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Can I create an audience from an experience of another A/B test?

Level 2

Hello!

I have an issue. I need to create a custom Audience coming from an experience from another test.

In other words:

- I have a Test 1 (A 50%, B 50%) with an <a href> linked to the URL of Test 2

- I have a Test 2 (B 100%, so that <a href> in Test 1-B always lands there)

And the audience of Test 2 has to come from Experience B of Test 1.

Does anybody know if it's possible to create a custom audience that contains the info of visitors who come only from the B in Test 1?

I looked into Create Audience > Custom but I can't find any solution.

Many thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@EugeniaFang  - agreeing to what @ryan_pizzuto suggested, you can use this approach to both single-test and multiple-tests scenarios. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @isolda  - you can do it through profile-scripts.

Step 1: Configure Test 1 experiences to pass the URL value for Test 2, using adobe.target.trackEvent() method. Using an mbox-parameter, pass an empty value from Test 1-Experience A and URL-value from Test 1-Experience B. 

adobe.target.trackEvent({
"mbox": "collect-test1-url",
"params": {
"test1_url": <URL> // This value should be empty in case of Experience A
}
});

Step 2: Configure a profile-script to read the mbox-paramater value from Step 1 above. 

if (mbox.name == 'collect-test1-url' && mbox.param('test1_url')){
return mbox.param('test1_url');
}

Step 3: Use this profile-script in your audiences

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rajneesh

Level 2

Hi @Rajneesh_Gautam_ 

Great method! 

Can this method apply to the single test?

e.g. Testing experience has a newly added CTA, and only shows to audience who has not be clicked on it. in another word, the audience pool starts at 100%, then with ppl click through the CTA, the audience pool become smaller.

Thanks,

Eugenia

Employee Advisor

Hey @EugeniaFang! Just to +1 on Rajneesh's answer and clarify for your follow-up question. That method is for a single test. So step 1 in the answer above is defining the values you want to capture in step 2. And those step 1 values are specific to the test experience where they are captured. Now, how you plan to USE those values (from the profile script) could be applied to a single test, or many tests as you will be creating an audience from those values to use how you please. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@EugeniaFang  - agreeing to what @ryan_pizzuto suggested, you can use this approach to both single-test and multiple-tests scenarios. 

Level 2

Thank you @Rajneesh_Gautam_ and @ryan_pizzuto  for the brilliant advices.

How to set with the adobe click event and use profile script to capture it, really the missing link in my mind map. Now the map is complete!

Regards,

Eugenia