Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Auto-Target Reporting does not show difference between control and Auto-Targeted

Level 3

Why does Auto-Target not show the uplift between control and Auto-Targeted as described in the documentation (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/reports/auto-target-summary-report.html?lang=en) were It says:
"The top two rows in the table on the reporting page show the results of an A/B test between the visitors who were assigned to the control (i.e. randomly served experiences) and the visitors who were assigned to the personalization algorithm. This information can be used to measure how the personalization algorithm performed compared to the randomly-served control"

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Nicolas_Swisscom

Having a specific "set control" vs a "random control" changes the way the results are displayed. The OOTB setting is to use random control however the KB you have referenced shows what it would look like if you were to have selected a specific experience as the control. I can see how this is a bit confusing at first if you weren't aware of the difference. 

Please let me know if you would like me to clarify anything. If you reply please tag me with @MihneaD so that I see it.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Engineer | Adobe

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Nicolas_Swisscom

Having a specific "set control" vs a "random control" changes the way the results are displayed. The OOTB setting is to use random control however the KB you have referenced shows what it would look like if you were to have selected a specific experience as the control. I can see how this is a bit confusing at first if you weren't aware of the difference. 

Please let me know if you would like me to clarify anything. If you reply please tag me with @MihneaD so that I see it.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Engineer | Adobe