Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

at.js object

Level 1

Hi Team,

We want to fire analytics events based on mbox loaded & on mbox session time out. So what object or json path will  tell us about the mbox name oaded on the page & whenever mbox session time out.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Have you looked into Analytics for Target also called A4T?  This allows reporting of mbox and Target activity in Adobe Analytics.  It is my preferred method for reporting all Target data.

Adobe Analytics as the Reporting Source for Adobe Target (A4T)

As far as the session goes, I am not sure that you will be able to fire an event based on session timeouts.  Analytics sessions time out when a user has been inactive for 30 minutes, usually because their browser has been closed.  Since the browser is closed, there is no mechanism that fires an event.  Its not an event that occurs, it more that it expires.

What is it that you are trying to track and achieve with this reporting?  If you could provide a little more detail, then maybe we could answer your question better.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Have you looked into Analytics for Target also called A4T?  This allows reporting of mbox and Target activity in Adobe Analytics.  It is my preferred method for reporting all Target data.

Adobe Analytics as the Reporting Source for Adobe Target (A4T)

As far as the session goes, I am not sure that you will be able to fire an event based on session timeouts.  Analytics sessions time out when a user has been inactive for 30 minutes, usually because their browser has been closed.  Since the browser is closed, there is no mechanism that fires an event.  Its not an event that occurs, it more that it expires.

What is it that you are trying to track and achieve with this reporting?  If you could provide a little more detail, then maybe we could answer your question better.

Thanks

Level 1

Thanks Jones for comments!!

Could you please suggest on how to get mbox timeout scenario for at.js file.  We have at.js ver 1.2.2, I have tried to load the same on network with speed 50kbps. We are geting mbox cookie but em-disabled#true is not setting up.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

The em-disabled#true flag is not used with at.js, only mbox.js. Try using the at.js custom event "adobe.target.event.REQUEST_FAILED" to detect the timeout: at.js custom events