Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

at.js 2.x TriggerView - Possible to Add Custom JS Code via VEC

Level 4

Hello,

I have implemented the triggerView functionality on my organization's SPA. I can add CSS, basic HTML, and other changes to a particular view in the VEC. However, I have not been able to successfully add Custom Code (specifically a JS script); the script simply does not execute. I have tried multiple combinations: adding to head/not adding to head, various scripts including simple console.logs, etc. To be clear, I am very familiar with adding custom JS to "normal" (not using triggerView()) Experiences to through the VEC, even to the same SPA that is not working with the triggerViews.

Is this a known issue? Specifically, is it even possible to add custom JS to a particular view via the VEC? If not, any suggestions as to what may be going wrong?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

[8.31.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break Answer provided by @mosesmaxen

----------------------------

Hi @KMarchewa - thank you for your question.  We recommend opening a support ticket for this in case you are still facing trouble with delivering custom code through a particular view.  Thank you!

Check out the entire 8.31.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break discussion thread for more insights on related topics  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi @KMarchewa , 

just to understand your problem correct. You can add HTML and it works, but if you within the HTML add Javascript like this via a script tag is does not execute?

<script> console.log("Hello"); </script>

Level 4

That is correct. Even such simple statement does not work using the "Custom Code" option with the "Add to Head" option checked (I also tried <div><script>console.log("...")</script></div> WITHOUT the "Add to Head" option checked).

Correct answer by
Administrator

[8.31.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break Answer provided by @mosesmaxen

Hi @KMarchewa - thank you for your question.  We recommend opening a support ticket for this in case you are still facing trouble with delivering custom code through a particular view.  Thank you!

Check out the entire 8.31.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break discussion thread for more insights on related topics