Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Adobe Target - Forms Experience - Click Tracking - Mbox Event is Sent but Metrics Aren't Counting

Level 4

I have a forms experience setup on me homepage using the global mbox. I've setup click tracking but I'm not seeing the metrics aggregate in reporting. I have a backup metric that counts pageviews of the pages where the links go. So I know users are seeing these pages but the clicks aren't registering as I would expect. See below for more details. 

I'm tracking clicks using the following script (there are five buttons across five image carousel slides). 

// Adobe Target Tracking
    document.querySelectorAll('li.glide__slide div.info a').forEach(link => {
        link.addEventListener('click', event => {
            adobe.target.trackEvent({
                    "mbox": "July2020_CarouselTest",
                    "params": {
                    "ctaClick": link.getAttribute('href')
                }
            });
        })
    });

I can see the mbox request when I use Adobe Experience Platform Debugger and click one of the elements. See the screenshot below. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 8.25.44 AM.png

In my Target activity, I've created a a conversion metric targeting the mbox mentioned above. I have a refining audience requiring a value be present in the ctaClick parameter. See below for screenshots detailing this. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 8.28.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 8.28.49 AM.png

As a safeguard, I've added an additional metric without the refining audience. Metrics aren't aggregating in activity reporting for this metric either. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 8.28.59 AM.png

Finally, as a third backup, I've added the pageviews where the button clicks lead to as a metric. Activity reporting is showing pageviews to these pages

Why isn't activity reporting showing any conversions on my trackevent associated clicks?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey @zach_shearer ,

From my understanding, to use the 'Clicked on mbox' method you need to wrap an mbox around the CTA and let the user actually click on it. I believe you should try 'Viewed an mbox' as you are firing the mbox after they click on it.

christopherc398_0-1597716522092.png

Hope that works

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey @zach_shearer ,

From my understanding, to use the 'Clicked on mbox' method you need to wrap an mbox around the CTA and let the user actually click on it. I believe you should try 'Viewed an mbox' as you are firing the mbox after they click on it.

christopherc398_0-1597716522092.png

Hope that works

Level 4
Thanks for the quick response, @nzchris. I'll make the change and report back!

Level 4
To clarify for all that read this in the future. @nzchris was correct. My mistake was using the "Clicked on mbox" option. By the time the user clicks, my custom mbox hadn't been created yet, the click was the action to create the mbox. I switched to using "viewed an mbox

Level 2
Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same problem!