Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target Recommendation only Updates when Criteria are edited

Level 1

Dear Community, 

we are currently running a test, where we (a news media organisation) want to show our users the currently most read articles. This setup is quite basic in target recommendations. 

There is just one problem: The articles do not update (not in real-time, not in 6 hours or 1 day) - they just stay the same as when the Criteria get edited/updated. 

Does anyone else has experiences this? 

Many thanks in advance.

Jakob

Our criteria setup: 

Jakob3_0-1722585833063.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello @Jakob3,

You may be experiencing a connection issue between the updated pages and your Adobe Target feed. I suggest checking the following:

1) Are you setting the entity.id and entity information on each article page so that this information is being sent to Target and updating your feed?

2) If the entity information is not being set on the article pages, is the source feed file updated with the latest information?

3) Is the collection used by the recommendation updating with the latest article information, or are there rules preventing the newest articles from being shown?

Timing of Item added to the catalog via feed:

Recommendations are updated after ingesting the feed (2-8 hours). Subsequent algorithm runs are scheduled every 12 hours for 1-2 day algorithms and every 24 hours for 7+ day algorithms. Recommendations are updated within 2-32 hours total. More information here.

I hope this helps.

Matthew Ravlich | ACG Digital | albertacg.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello @Jakob3,

You may be experiencing a connection issue between the updated pages and your Adobe Target feed. I suggest checking the following:

1) Are you setting the entity.id and entity information on each article page so that this information is being sent to Target and updating your feed?

2) If the entity information is not being set on the article pages, is the source feed file updated with the latest information?

3) Is the collection used by the recommendation updating with the latest article information, or are there rules preventing the newest articles from being shown?

Timing of Item added to the catalog via feed:

Recommendations are updated after ingesting the feed (2-8 hours). Subsequent algorithm runs are scheduled every 12 hours for 1-2 day algorithms and every 24 hours for 7+ day algorithms. Recommendations are updated within 2-32 hours total. More information here.

I hope this helps.

Matthew Ravlich | ACG Digital | albertacg.com