Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Adobe Target Custom Criteria

Employee Advisor

Hi, community,

I have lists of products (offline store data) that are the best selling in different cities. for example for city A, I have a list of 20 products, for city B, another 20 products this list gets refreshed on a weekly or monthly basis.

How can I use this offline data and create different recommendations like top sellers in city A (visible to only city A people), top sellers in city B (visible to only city B people), and so on?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Gaureshk_Kodag That is a great usecase! should be doable 

Have you tried this API? https://developer.adobe.com/target/before-administer/recs-api/  or weekly feeds with updated top products

So here's the flow i'm thinking 

1. a cron job or product feed which fetches top products by city on weekly basis  
  2. update catalog with make sure to include a custom entity denoting region (top_products_city_A) 
  3. Create collections and use in activity. 

Would love to try this when i have time. Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Gaureshk_Kodag That is a great usecase! should be doable 

Have you tried this API? https://developer.adobe.com/target/before-administer/recs-api/  or weekly feeds with updated top products

So here's the flow i'm thinking 

1. a cron job or product feed which fetches top products by city on weekly basis  
  2. update catalog with make sure to include a custom entity denoting region (top_products_city_A) 
  3. Create collections and use in activity. 

Would love to try this when i have time. Hope this helps 

Employee Advisor

Thanks @Anil_Umachigi this helps. I thought of taking this approach after trying the below approach.

What I was trying is using custom criteria and uploading a csv using URL and on client side they'll keep updating csv on weekly basis, target will fetch that data every 24 hour.

In csv we need to add key and against key there will be recommendation1, recommendation2... Columns.

Key is mandatory in this case. Now the problem here is, if I need to show specific top 20 sellers in bangalore city on all pdps, what will be the key? For each pdp do i need to add all entity ids and against tht same 20 entity keys? Or is thr anything like, if you add * in key then it'll get applied to all entities i.e. all pdp?

Community Advisor

@Gaureshk_Kodag Glad it helps! Thank you. 

Right so what you are doing will work as well, but i'm not too sure a wild card may work for product id (entity id) 

The other option would be, can you use city as key instead? 

Recommendation is determined by an item that is stored in a visitor’s profile, using either user.x or profile.x attributes.

When this option is selected, the entity.id value must be present in the profile attribute.

When you base recommendations on custom attributes, you must select the custom attribute and then select the recommendation type.

So instead of product id, do you want to use the city name? and recommendations against it  profile.geolocation.city

Employee Advisor

@Anil_Umachigi , I would definitely try this way too. but for now, I'm using the collection and the API approach that we discussed earlier.

Employee Advisor

@Anil_Umachigi im marking it as a correct answer but let's keep the conversation ongoing.

Community Advisor

Hi @Gaureshk_Kodag I have the similar usecase

I would like to recommend a set of entities so thought of using this custom criteria approach

I used the custom csv and below is the format :

# Key Recommendation_1 Recommendation_2 Recommendation_3 Recommendation_4
TRUE-1 OFF-66068 OFF-70145 OFF-66058 OFF-69167

the key value (true-1) is present in the user.profileattribute and it is used as recommendation key.

But I'm seeing the sync failed issue when I save the criteria. What could be the cause if you can advise ?

Any help on this would be really helpful.