Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Profile script for Browse time.

Level 2

Hello Community,

If need to target users based on how long they spend time on the site. I found this built-in profile variable (profile.browserTime), however the results are not as expected.
-Could someone please explain how to use this profile variable in my script?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @SaiGaneshReddy,
profile.browserTime specifies only the respective browser time. With this you can e.g. determine if it is morning or rather evening for the user and accordingly display e.g. personalizations.

You can write your own script so a kind of counter. There are several possibilities how to build it - like listening to the beforeunload event, etc.. Here you must also know whether a counter can be reset (if desired). Was then rather that finally in the profile in ranges deposit e.g.

less than 15 seconds
15 to 29 seconds
30 to 59 seconds
1 to 3 minutes
3 to 5 minutes
5 to 10 minutes
10 to 15 minutes
15 to 20 minutes
20 to 30 minutes
more than 30 minutes

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @SaiGaneshReddy,
profile.browserTime specifies only the respective browser time. With this you can e.g. determine if it is morning or rather evening for the user and accordingly display e.g. personalizations.

You can write your own script so a kind of counter. There are several possibilities how to build it - like listening to the beforeunload event, etc.. Here you must also know whether a counter can be reset (if desired). Was then rather that finally in the profile in ranges deposit e.g.

less than 15 seconds
15 to 29 seconds
30 to 59 seconds
1 to 3 minutes
3 to 5 minutes
5 to 10 minutes
10 to 15 minutes
15 to 20 minutes
20 to 30 minutes
more than 30 minutes