Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Unable to access Adobe Search & Promote from Target

Level 2

Hi,

I've added several users for access to Adobe Target and Search & Promote from the Adobe Admin Console.  I've even added myself as an administrator for both Adobe Target and Search & Support.

However, when any of the users (including myself).  All of us are able to access Adobe Target from the Marketing Suite.

However, when any of us click on the Search & Promote option from Target, we are then prompted with a request for username/password (even though we are already logged into the Marketing Cloud).  If we then provide our Adobe ID and password as credentials, we are presented with the following error:

"Your ID is unknown to Search&Promote"

Any ideas why this isn't working?  We are unable to access Search and Promote.

-Jim

3 Replies

Level 10

Hey Jim,

I'm not that familiar with Search & Promote. Let me tag our Target community manager here to see if she has any thoughts around this.

ameliaw95025277​ - Have you seen this before?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Employee

Hey jwfife​,

This is Peter Hartung from the Target/Search & Promote team. The login credentials for Search & Promote are separate from the Experience Cloud login credentials. All you are really getting from the Experience Cloud is a link to the Search & Promote login page. You will then login with your separate credentials to Search and Promote. If you do not know what your credentials are for Search and Promote, you can contact one of your S&P account admins and they should be able to help you with that. If you don't know who that would be or have no other way to verify or change your Search and Promote credentials, you can send an email with the SPID, and email address that you believe should be active on the account to sp-support@adobe.com and an incident will be created for us to investigate further.

Thanks,

Peter

Employee

Hi Jim, Search & Promote is not a marketing cloud solution and is thus not fully integrated. It is a completely different platform and thus needs a separate set of credentials. You marketing cloud login/password will not work.  Hence please create your user in the S&P interface .

If you have never logged into the S&P interface you will need to be added to the platform by visiting the url : Try SiteSearch  if you are in NA data centre. After that you should get instructions on the login information.

If you have a user but don't remember the password, kindly reset the same from the login page  . If you still have issues accessing the accounts please send an email to customercare@adobe.com with the SPID for your S&P account and the user details and we can take a look at it for you.

Information on S&P user management can be found here.

Hope this helps. Cheers!