Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] WEDNESDAY 4/12/23, 8am PT: AI Features, Automated Personalization & Auto-Target with Matthew Bailie & Georgia Frailey of the Adobe Target Consulting Team ☕

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, April 12th, 2023 @ 8am PT - 9am PT 

REGISTER HERE

We'll be joined by Matthew Bailie (aka @MBailie) and Georgia Frailey (aka @Georgia_CA), both Senior Solutions Consultants for Adobe Target, an@simochen of the Adobe Technical Support Engineering team, who will all be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions related to:

Target's AI Features, specifically Automated Personalization and Auto-Target

PARTICIPATING IS EASY:

• Sign in to the Community, Reply to this thread with your questions related to the Adobe Target topics covered 
  • Stand-by during the hour as the experts weigh in ~ this way you can clarify your question or ask for more details directly 
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with Georgia's and Matthew's Community Usernames: @Georgia_CA and @MBailie
  • Something already coming to mind? Feel free to post your topic-related questions in advance, to ensure our experts get a chance to weigh in on your question while they're signed in for the hour 

REGISTER HERE

Matt Bailie's headshot.jpeg

As a Senior Business Consultant for Adobe Target, Matthew leads online optimization go-
to-market strategies for Fortune 500 companies across retail, financial, hospitality, and healthcare business verticals. For Fortune 100 companies, he creates industry-leading personalization frameworks and optimization roadmaps toward improving customer journeys across traditional marketing channels ~ websites, mobile app, and email. 

Georgia Frailey's headshot.png

Georgia has over a decade of experience as an Adobe Senior Business Consultant, with trusted strategic partner clients in the Fortune 100 that spans multiple industries, specializing in opportunity-identification and personalization, both in digital space and omnichannel. 

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 2/1/23 Adobe Target Coffee Break  with Adobe Target Product Marketing Manager @bkostakwith extra support from @shelbygoff  of the Adobe Technical Support Engineering team. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

45 Replies

Level 2

Hello, first time here so not sure how it works. I run AT activities for my company and I'm curious about using the Auto-Target feature. Right now we run A/B tests using the Auto-Allocate feature. Would like to hear more about when/why we would use the Auto-Target feature instead of the Auto-Allocate.

Thanks!

Employee

Hey @robertcase1, good question! In short, Auto-Allocate will send more traffic to the best overall winner. Whereas Auto-Target will predict and serve the best experience for each visitor during each visit. So Auto-Allocate is an optimization tactic while Auto-Target is a personalization tactic. Make sense? 

Administrator

Welcome to the Target Community, @robertcase1! And thanks for kicking us off with this great question today 

Employee

Good "morning" depending on where you are! Looking forward to coffee and chatting 

Employee

Good morning! I'm Simon Chen, a Technical Support Engineer for Adobe Target. I'm happy to be joining this Q&A session to assist Matthew and Georgia with answering any questions. I can be reached with @simochen.

Level 2

@MBailie Hi, on sites where there's not alot of traffic--would auto allocate be the best option for testing

Employee

Hi @RcBT , thanks for your question!
Auto-Allocate is better suited for low traffic pages (ballpark sub 2,000 visits per day). Auto-Target requires per experience a minimum of 1,000 visits and 50 conversions per experience for machine learning models to generated. Keep in mind there are ways to increase traffic to a page my using redirects or coordinating a marking push to increase traffic for a time period. 

Level 2

thanks- just to confirm by sub 2000, you mean less than 2000 visits per day?

Employee

@RcBT Correct, given the minimum is 1000 visits per experience the 2000 means that you would have two experiences for the ML to choose from. 

Level 2

are there any options to use the AI features if site generates less than <1k per day on any given page?

Employee

@RcBT You could still set up an AI/ML based activity type on a page with sub 1k visits. The catch is the models will take longer to generate (maybe more than a week for the warmup period), or they may never generate if no clear patterns can be found my the ML. You can definitely give it a try. I would go back to what the initial goal of the experience you are creating on the page. If the goal is to create more personalized experience on a low traffic page, Target Recommendations or Experience Targeting might be a better option to create more personalized experiences. 

Employee

Welcome everyone! I'm Matt Bailie a Sr. Business Strategy consultant. Georgia and I are looking forward to chatting with all of you today. 

Level 1

Hi Guys, how are you? As @robertcase1 it's my firt time here. I'd like to discuss about how is the best way to use: 

-Automated personalization

-experience targeting

-multivariate test

And what's the best pratics to use: Manual, Auto-allocate and Auto-target

Employee

Hey @Jefferson_bf0, here's an easy way to organize your thoughts about Target activities:

Optimization: 

A/B: I assume you get that one

Auto-Allocate: Similar to A/B, however it consistently allocates more traffic to the overall winning experience

Multi-Variate: Discover which element is the most influential. 

Personalization:

Experience Targeting: rules based personalization. Ex: People in California will see X experience, People in NY will see Y experience

Auto-Target: machine uses context of each user to predict and serve the experience they are most likely to convert on. Bonus: use same easy setup as A/B. Models generates at experience level. 

Automated Personalization: Scalable way to personalize when multiple locations involved - such as order of content. Models generate at the offer level. 

Administrator

Hi @Jefferson_bf0 , Welcome to the Target Community and thanks so much for this great question! This Adobe Target Activities Guide may also be helpful here!

Level 2

Hi - Ok i think i figured it out... 

I am a consultant working with several clients. 

I have one client who is very interested in the AP feature, and we tried running a couple of experiments to get a feel for it. 

1) We found it extremely difficult to get any insight from the available reporting. How do you recommend you get those insights?

2) The machine is only as good as the data you feed it, so we gathered having a stronger tracking implementation for Target with more customer relevant data points will be better. However there is also no control over which data points the machine will use. This makes it harder to tune the system. How do you recommend going about this? ideally we can exclude data points where they are not relevant?

Employee

Hi @GavinAttard 

1) I hear you on it being difficult to get insights from the insights reports. I created a document that help teams analyze these two reports. @Amelia_Waliany will upload the document here in this post. The document will explain best practices for learning from the AP/AT insights reports. 

2)You can send a ticket to client care and have them remove segments from ML model generation.