Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 9/28/22, 8am PT: Gentry Lin, Senior Solutions Consultant for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 @ 8am PT - 9am PT 

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

We'll be joined by Gentry Lin (aka @GentryLin), Senior Solutions Consultant for Adobe Target, and Brent Kostak (aka @bkostak), Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Target, who will both be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to the topics covered in the recent 9/6/22 Adobe Target Skill Builder Expedition Series webinar on Mobile Experience Optimiza..., as well as their areas of expertise with Adobe Target:

• A/B, MVT, Experience Targeting, Automated testing, and personalization
  • Step-by-step Activity setup workflows
  • Batch experience prefetch, enabling always-on personalization for mobile
  • Lifecycle metrics for testing and targeting across customer experiences, Mobile SDKs & APIs, iOS and Android platform implementations
  • Core web authoring workflows

• Adobe Experience Cloud integrations

Adobe Technical Support Engineer Shelby Goff will be joining to support and provide additional insights and answers to your questions

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with Gentrys and Brent's Community Usernames: @GentryLin and @bkostak

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

Amelia_Waliany_0-1661206051468.jpeg

Gentry is an Adobe Senior Solutions Consultant specializing in Adobe Target. She has extensive practice in Target client-side implementation, including single page applications. Coming from a background in Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Analytics, Gentry is deeply versed in how Target's integrations within the Adobe Experience Platform can power personalization, activation, insights, and optimization. She loves to talk with customers about how Target's dynamic targeting capabilities can help customers develop their personalization programs.

Brent Kostak Profile Photo (1).jpeg

As Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, Brent brings data-driven personalization solutions to market that connect global brands to their customers. Adobe enables enterprise marketing and engineering teams to streamline data and create a single, personalized view of their customers to deliver exceptional digital experiences. Brent has over 10 years of experience helping organizations leverage software technologies and services to better compete and serve their mission.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 8/31/22 Adobe Target Coffee Break with Adobe Target Expert @mosesmaxen  with extra support from @shelbygoff of Adobe Technical Support Engineering. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Thank you for organizing this coffee talk, @Amelia_Waliany 

Employee

Good morning! Feel free to post your Target questions here and Brent and I will be happy to help.

Administrator

Hi @GentryLin and @bkostak!

Thanks for joining us in the Target Community today!  This question was posted by Target Community member sethgarske:

"Is there an easy/automated way to flag pages that are currently running tests or personalized experiences?  The good news is our testing and personalization program is now running across a large number of pages across our site.  But this has created some operational challenges.  Our web team has to manually review the list of active tests (or just notice the page looks different in AEM), before they make any updates to a page.  I’m wondering if anyone has come up with a better solution to help avoid web content updates from breaking tests and personalized experiences?  It would be great if there was a way to add a flag in AEM so authors could quickly see a given page has a live test running on the page." 

Link to original question

Employee

Hi @sethgarske, this is an interesting question. Having an internal review and governance strategy like what your web team is doing today is the best approach. As far as a programmatic way to manage, this would be a great idea to submit to AEM Ideas, which are reviewed by the product management team: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/adobe-experience-manager-i...

Administrator

Hi @GentryLin and @bkostak!

This question was posted by Target Community member analyticsenthu"Is there a way to filter the Target activities by last modified date and export to excel?"

Employee

Hi @analyticsenthu , there isn't a filter for last modified date or export option in the UI, but you can use the Target Admin REST APIs to retrieve a list of activities with options to filter by date range and sorting by end date: https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#list-activities

Level 1

Hi Gentry,

from these API  i have tried GET activity list filtered by a date range https://mc.adobe.io/{tenant}/target/activities/?startsAt=1800-09-01T02:04:00.000-07:00/2114-11-30T14... but startAt is not working as expected when i have provided relevant date.(2022-01-01T02:04:000-07.00/2023-11-30T14:10:00.000-07:00) but its not returning activities for particular date.

Administrator

Hi @GentryLin and @bkostak!

Thanks for joining us in the Target Community today!  This question was posted by Target Community member vk84:

"I wanted to have some information on Adobe Target recommendation limitation.

• For fetching Entities in Target recommendation, maximum number of entities that can be referenced in a design, either hardcoded or via loops, is 99. Can this limit of 99 be increased?

REF -  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/troubleshoot/target-limits.html?lang=en

• Using Target recommendation API, you can search catalog using API. The MAX number of search results returned by API is 500. Can this limit of 500 be increased?

REF - https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/recommendations/#operation/search

Feel free to point me if you have similar thread available. 

-Vivek"

Employee

Hi @vk84 , re: the max catalog search results, unfortunately there is no productized or documented way to do this. It is possible to get at the data via a browser dev tools function workaround. You could use the Catalog Search function in Target to display the correct catalog entity data. Then in your browser open the Developer tools panel and select the network tab and refresh page. In the list of network requests you should see one starting with 'productSearch'. Right click on that request and open it in a new browser tab, that will display your search data in a JSON format. From there you would copy and paste into text editor or spreadsheet. Not ideal method, but it is a way to access the entity data passed client-side.

Administrator

Hi @GentryLin and @bkostak! This question was posted by Target Community member Sneha-Parmar:

"Hello everyone, I want to create a dashboard of Adobe Target operational metrics like listed below. Can anyone please suggest what are the best ways to achieve this. Currently I maintain this data in an excel sheet (manually) and create a dashboard from excel data. Wondering if there is a better and automated way of doing this. Please share if you have any solution .

Some of the metrics I want in dashboard are below. 

• Long running activities (>20 days)
  • Average number of days active activities is live
  • Percentage of  A/B, MVT, XT & Recommendations activity
  • Number of Activities with positive lift
  • Number of activity live in a given week

Thanks!"

Link to original question: Adobe Target operational metrics

Employee Advisor

Hi @Sneha-Parmar 

Analytics for Target (A4T) creates the flexibility to track the following metrics:

*Unique Visitors, Visits, or Activity Impressions
*Conversion Rates
*Lift
*Confidence

Here is our docs link for more details into setting up different metrics in A4T: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/panels/a4t-panel.html?l...

A4T does not breakdown activity type by percentages. However, native reporting in Target does give a breakdown by percentage for 'important attributes' which more details can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/reports/insights/important-attributes-report.ht...

Administrator

Hi @GentryLin and @bkostak! This question was posted by Target Community member dev_malik:

"We are working on implementation of Adobe Target on Mobile application using AEP SDK.

Can some one suggest all the steps need to followed. Documentation doesn't helps much

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-target!"

Link to original question: Implementation of Adobe Target on Mobile application

Employee

Hi @dev_malik , this might be a good place to start—we have a full course with tutorials on how to implement Target for mobile. Visit https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/courses/using/target-d-1-2020-1-mobile.html and click "Start Course" to enroll. 

Administrator

Hi @GentryLin and @bkostak! This question was posted by Target Community member Officialyi

"We are working on implementation of Adobe Target on Mobile application using AEP SDK.

Can some one suggest all the steps need to followed. Documentation doesn't helps much

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-target!"

When specifying a traffic source based on referring LP Query, syntax wise how do I input the source? I.e. tracking affiliate traffic via utm_source contains affiliate | tracking paid traffic from google (not organic) utm_source contains google. 

In the source box do I just input the source 'affiliate' or do I have to specify 'utm_source=affiliate'. Haven't had too much luck finding documentation for this. Thank you!

Amelia_Waliany_0-1664379908587.png

Link to original Question: Audience Traffic Source UTM Parameter Setup