Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Audience Traffic Source UTM Parameter Setup

Level 2

When specifying a traffic source based on referring LP Query, syntax wise how do I input the source? I.e. tracking affiliate traffic via utm_source contains affiliate | tracking paid traffic from google (not organic) utm_source contains google. 

In the source box do I just input the source 'affiliate' or do I have to specify 'utm_source=affiliate'. Haven't had too much luck finding documentation for this. Thank you!

Officialyi_0-1663630691775.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can simply write utm_source=google and in the next line google. You don't need to write an or - each new line is like an or.

However, I'm not sure if traffic sources is the right thing to do here. If you always get a utm_source=google parameter in the URL - I would use "Site Pages" instead of "Traffic Sources" (Current Page > URL > Contains).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can simply write utm_source=google and in the next line google. You don't need to write an or - each new line is like an or.

However, I'm not sure if traffic sources is the right thing to do here. If you always get a utm_source=google parameter in the URL - I would use "Site Pages" instead of "Traffic Sources" (Current Page > URL > Contains).