Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

🗣️ [Mentor Kasper Andersen] 🌟 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Target Community Mentor, Kasper Andersen (aka @kandersen), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Target questions as you prepare for your Adobe Target Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E406)through to the end of the program. 

A little bit about your Adobe Target Community Mentor, Kasper Andersen:

kasper andersen .jpeg

With a rich background in digital marketing that dates back to the Omniture days, I have been deeply involved with Adobe Target since its inception as Test&Target.

My passion for Adobe Target stems from its unparalleled flexibility and potential; it’s by far my favorite tool in the Adobe stack because it offers limitless opportunities for customization and impact. As a mentor, I aim to empower others with the knowledge and skills to fully leverage Adobe Target.

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Kasper (aka @kandersen 

1. designbynumber
  2. arpitaulak
  3. cparthasarathy
  4. JyotiSharmaV
  5. kannacv
  6. karangalani
  7. kmalkari 
  8. lucass24692458
  9. Payoosni20
  10. Nidhi_Shastri

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Target Certification during the duration of the program: April 29th, 2024 – June 2nd, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Kasper (aka @kandersen), and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Kasper and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Target  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Target Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E406)
  • Test your Target knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Target Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Target Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!

Cheers, 

Amelia 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

55 Replies

Level 3

Sharing my notes on Auto allocate vs Auto Target - Feel free to add in any additional details which are specific to Auto Target or 

Auto Allocate.. 

Auto Target vs Auto Allocate Activity

Auto Allocate -

• Auto Allocate Activity identifies the winner among two or more experiences and automatically reallocates more traffic to the winner to increase conversion.
  • You can use the Auto Allocate as an activity option under creating an A/B activity and selecting Auto Allocate to best experience on the step 2 (Traffic allocation method) of the activity workflow.
  • Auto allocate is available to both Target Standard and Target Premium

Auto Target -

• Auto Target uses machine learning to create personalized experiences for each individual visitor, based on their profile and behavior. Auto-Target automatically selects the best combination of content and offers for each visitor, from a set of predefined variations provided.
  • You can use the Auto Target as an activity option under creating an A/B activity and selecting Auto Target to personalized experience on the step 2 (Traffic Allocation method) of the activity workflow.
  • Auto Target is available only in Target Premium

When to use what ?

Auto Allocate is a feature used primarily in A/B testing scenarios to automatically allocate traffic to the best-performing variation

Auto Target is best suited where personalization is the key , and where we want the variation to be delivered based on visitor behavior, preferences and needs.

References :

What is an Auto-Allocate Activity? | Adobe Target

What Is an Auto-Target Activity? | Adobe Target

Solved: AB Testing: "Auto-Target" VS. "Auto-Allocate" - Adobe Experience League Community - 634475

Level 4

Again, thanks for sharing. This discussion thread is turning out to be a pure goldmine of knowledge

Level 4

All-

I want to share some of my favourite Adobe Target resources over the years. I hope you find them as useful as I have

AI powered personalization
link: https://business.adobe.com/content/dam/dx/us/en/products/target/pdfs/Adobe_Target_Automation_White_P... 

Adobe Target Automation (Summmit 2017)

link: https://business.adobe.com/content/dam/dx/us/en/products/target/automation/pdfs/54658.en.target.info... 

Activity planner template
link: https://expleague.azureedge.net/pdf/Adobe-Target-Activity-Planner.pdf

Activities guide
link: https://expleague.azureedge.net/pdf/Adobe-Target-Activities-Guide.pdf?fromCourses=true 

Analytics & Target
link: https://express.adobe.com/page/Lo3Spm4oBOvwF/ 

Profile Script cheat sheet
link: https://github.com/pierian-co/Adobe-Target-Commands-ProfileScripts-Cheatsheet 

Which is you favorite and what other ressources do you use?

Level 3

Thanks for sharing the resources Kasper.

My favorites are Activities guide and Analytics and Target

The Activity planner template is very cool, havent used it but I would defnitely used it more for our upcoming activities.

Level 4

Question for week 4:

A stakeholder asks the Target Business Practitioner (BP) to create an activity that tests the addition of a pop-up message after a visitor adds an item to their cart. Which of the following would allow the BP to correctly target this audience?

A) Add a custom mbox parameter for users with cart additions and target this audience to users with that parameter.
B) Create an Analytics segment published to the Experience Cloud for visitors with cart additions and target this audience to that segment. 
C) Select Visitor Profile > 'Cart additions' in audience creation. 
D) Target the activity to the cart URL.

Level 3

I would go with A - Adding a custom mbox parameter for users with cart additions and target that audience with the parameter.

Level 2

If its a multiple choice then we can select A ,B and C as with all three we can achieve the desired result.

A) we can make a custom mbox and target this audience to users with that parameter.

B) we can make a variable in Launch and track that

C) if we already have cart additions the. we can select Visitor Profile > 'Cart additions' in audience.

If we have to select one I'll go with A as we can create a custom mbox and it will be good to use. In launch we have to see if we have access to creating new segments. 

Level 3

I would say (A) is the strongest. 

(B) has too many assumptions around the involvement of AA and/or Launch (as @Payoosni20 nicely put). 

(C)  makes the assumptions that "cart additions" is an option to choose from, but that may not be the case. 

Community Advisor

I will go with Option A) Add a custom mbox parameter for users with cart additions and target this audience to users with that parameter.

Level 4

You're absolutely right that the correct answer is A

A few comments to the other options:

B) There's a delay when sharing a segment from AA to AT, meaning visitors would need to be part of the segment before we can target them. In reality this would cause that we wouldn't be able to target them until their second or third visit.

C) 'Cart additions' is not an option under any of the options in audience creation.

D) Cart page doesn't really have anything to do with the add to cart button. You could argue that some websites take you straight to the cart after adding an item to the cart, but the question doesn't state any of this.

Level 4

50% waiver on exam

Aspirants-

@designbynumber@arpitaulak , @cparthasarathy , @JyotiSharmaV , @kannacv , @karangalani , @kmalkari , @lucass24692458 , @Payoosni20 , @Nidhi_Shastri 

Please fill out the form to request a 50% waiver for the exam - link to form

You've got this

Please note: Form submissions will only be approved if you're part of the Mentorship Program. Form is accepting responses till 10th June. Exam needs to be booked within a month from the end of the program.

Level 3

Hi @kandersen @Amelia_Waliany 

I have filled up the voucher form but have not received my exam voucher yet

Really looking forward to taking the exam

Thanks

Charu

Community Advisor

@Amelia_Waliany The same case is with me and I am also looking for the voucher. Thanks

Level 4

Hello Aspirants- 

@designbynumber@arpitaulak , @cparthasarathy , @JyotiSharmaV , @kannacv , @karangalani , @kmalkari , @lucass24692458 , @Payoosni20 , @Nidhi_Shastri 

We are at the finish line for the Mentorship Program 2024. I want to express my gratitude for the fantastic engagement in this thread and your great questions. Much appreciated.

I wish you good luck with your exams. Please keep me updated on how they go

As a final task can I ask you to fill out this feedback form to share your thoughts around the program and me as your mentor: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Wht7-jR7h0OUrtLBeN7O4UpRc4A5oC1Ijgt8JDXoP-5UMk9C...

Again, best of luck with your upcoming exams