Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

XML Source Error - cache property

Level 1

Hello,

I am using Livecycle Designer and am trying to edit an existing form.

I have no problem editing in the design view and master pages, however there are certain texts on the preview and printed form that are only viewable in the xml source (that's the only place I can see them anyway!!).

However when trying to edit the xml source to change these texts I get an XML Source Error popup and cannot save change.

'The following error was found with the xml source'

'Invalid property set operation; cache doesn't have property '#text''

Don't know what this property '#text' is or what the error refers to. I can't find anything online about it. Could it be a setting in form property - I've tried changing some of these but no joy!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Deep.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that your form is corrupt. You need to be careful when "editing" a form in the XML Source. If you delete incomplete sections, it may throw an error.

One option may be to copy all of the visible objects into a new form.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Thanks for the reply Niall. I am using a livecycle install within SAP and the form is a standard SAP template (bank mandate) which I am trying to customise for our needs. I have taken a copy of the template but have not edited any xml as I can't. I am only able to change in the design view and master pages.

Level 10

The issue may be when you are attempting to edit in the XML Source tab.

I am not familar with using LC Designer in SAP. Is SAP injecting text/objects into the form automatically?

Niall

Level 1

Yes when this form is printed off for a customer it will populate details like name, address etc. from SAP database