Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Xml does not import correctly...

Level 1

Good Morning.

I have an XFA form, I fill the form, I can export the XML, but when I import it again, any data disappears.

Could someone help me, please?

I have the AEM Forms Designer 6.1.0 application if necessary.

The form is inside this zip:

ZIP

Form01.pdf is the XFA filled with the data,

Form02_datos.xml is the XML exported from Form01,

Form03.pdf is Form01 after importing the XML. Where any data are missing.

You can try it, in this image you can see how it is exported and imported:

Thanks a lot.

Àngel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me saying that this must be one of the most complicated XFA forms I have ever seen - and I have seen a lot of them in my time. I opened your PDF with the Designer but a lot of your app. 50! script objects seem to come from external fragments and were not available for me to see. Judging by what I was able to see I think that you have scripted basically EVERY aspect of forms activities in a hierarchy of functions. That includes the visibility of whole pages.

Based on my experience I guess that these scripts may be geared to interaction by the current user which works while a PDF is opened and worked on interactively. But if I am right, many of the scripts may not trigger or work as expected when a dataset is loaded because a different flow of events is gone through compared to the interactive use.

Did loading the XML ever work or did you discover that when you tried it for the first time?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me saying that this must be one of the most complicated XFA forms I have ever seen - and I have seen a lot of them in my time. I opened your PDF with the Designer but a lot of your app. 50! script objects seem to come from external fragments and were not available for me to see. Judging by what I was able to see I think that you have scripted basically EVERY aspect of forms activities in a hierarchy of functions. That includes the visibility of whole pages.

Based on my experience I guess that these scripts may be geared to interaction by the current user which works while a PDF is opened and worked on interactively. But if I am right, many of the scripts may not trigger or work as expected when a dataset is loaded because a different flow of events is gone through compared to the interactive use.

Did loading the XML ever work or did you discover that when you tried it for the first time?