Expand my Community achievements bar.

XML SIGNATURE

Level 4

Hi,

I need help in generating xml signatures for the form at the presign event of the signature field . Also my form has approx 100 fields . Is there a generic way by which i can obtain data from all the fields of the form .

var

oList= xfa.data.datasets.resolveNodes("$data.form1.TextField1");

var

oOtherNode = xfa.data.datasets.resolveNode("$data.form1.TextField2");

oList.append(oOtherNode);

xfa.signature.sign(oList

,"$data.signatures","100");

I wrote this code but its not working dunno why 

Thanks

3 Replies

Former Community Member

See post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2191328#2191328

When using XML Dig Sig to sign the XML data or XDP (XML Data Package) there is no visual representation (i.e. Signature Field) of the signature like there is with a PDF signature.

I believe It may be possible to generate an XML DigSig without a submit button (as I mentioned in my previous post), but it don't belive it can be done on the preSign event of a PDF Signature field.  I will create a sample ond post it as soon as possible.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Here is a sample that uses JavaScript to generate an XML DigSig (rather then using the "Sign Submission" property of a submit button).  Things to note:

1)  The script is in two places (for sample purposes), on the "click" of a regular button object and the "preSign" event of the PDF signature field.

2)  If you use the "preSign" event to execute the script, the form generates two signatures, the XML DigSig (which has no visible representation), and a PDF document signature.  If you only want XML DigSig, then you can't use a signatutre field to execute the script.

3)  The "preSign" event is only supported on forms with a Reader target version of 9.x or higher (File > Form Properties > Defaults)

Hope this helps.

Steve

Level 4

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Your code worked for me . But just a small part remaning . Actually my form contains many fields , so how can i obtain all the data nodes in the form and use them for xml signature ?  I tried using append for 2 fields but it didnt worked .

Thanks