Expand my Community achievements bar.

Server API to Delete Room - 405 Returned

Level 2

I'm trying to use the server-server API to clean up my rooms and I keep getting a 405 (method not allowed) returned from the AFCS server.  I've looked through the AFCS.java source to see how it should be implemented and I believe I am formatting the URL properly but I must be missing something.

I use the API to create rooms no problem, but can't seem to delete them.

This is the URL I am posting to:

https://na2.connectnow.acrobat.com:443/{appPath}/app/content/meetings/{roomid}?action=delete&respons...

Substituting my account name for {appPath}, room I am trying to delete for {roomid} and the "gak=***.." style token for {authtoken}

Any obvious issues here?

Thanks,

Steve

7 Replies

Employee

yes, the URL is wrong. {appPath} is in the wrong place, and it's not just the account name, but an accountId plus some other magic.

Any reason why you can't use the provided code ?

Level 2

I am using .Net and there isn't a .Net sample (as far as I can see) for me to use so I am trying to read through the other language examples to pull out what I need.  Where should the {appPath} go in the Url and where do I get the magic path, is it returned in the authentication call when I get the token?

Level 2

I think I see the issue now, I need to make an additonal call to the "mode=xml&accountonly=true" after I have authenticated in order to get the "meeting-info" element where I can get the account path stuff and then I need to put that after the app/content in the url before the /meetings starts. I will give that a shot.

Employee

Yes, that's what is missing, but I would suggest you follow the provided examples and "translate" the Java version into .Net instead of just making one method work.

If you want to send your code over, I could clean it up and add to the list of provided languages.

Thanks!

Level 2

Thanks for the offer but the integration is a little more involved than my question is letting on (not just doing one method)...we are doing all async requests out to your servers in order not to tie up our own execution threads so my example code wouldn't be too helpful for those looking for a simple .NET version of your server-server API.  But I could put that together very easily for you from the java code provided if that would be helpful for you guys to provide in your samples.

Thanks for your quick help as always!

Level 2

Just to help anyone who may be trying to do the same thing, you must send the room id (name) as all lower case.  You will receive 404 errors if the room does not exist or has already been deleted.

Employee

sorry for the inconvenience, but since you mentioned I have updated the server components so that deleteRoom automatically convert the room name to lowercase.