Expand my Community achievements bar.

XML Import

Level 2

Hello,

Here's my issue. I have associates in other locations who are sending XML data from a LC pdf form to my email server. I am then importing the data back into my dynamic PDF. Both PDF's are identical, but some of my data populates into the wrong fields.

I am using Thom Parker's "Programming List and Combo fields in LiveCycle". Perhaps this is functioning into the challenge.

I am a newb. Take it easy on me.

Joe

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Only comment would be that the pages are not named. This may lead to your problems.

A quick look and the objects are names and there does not appear to be multiple objects with the same name identified by the square brackets, eg textfield1[0], textfield1[1]. Also the subforms appear to be named.

The objects and subforms have a "normal" binding in the Object/Binding tab, as would be required.

So I would try giving the pages untitled subform (page2) names like page2.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks Naill for the quick response. I gave your suggestion a try, but I still get the "Price" showing up under the "PartList" when I import the XML back into the form. Everything else formats correctly.

Joe

Level 10

Hi Joe,

I think that it may have something to do with the 2-dimensional array in  the Example1 script object.

I don't think that you need this in the initialise event of the Price, as this is set from the PartsList dropdown:

Example1.SetPriceValue();

It looks like event though the PDF is displaying / saving the selected item in the dropdown; the export xml is assigning the boundItem to the PartsList object as well as the Price. Here is an extract from the xml:

<OrderItems>

<Assembly>2</Assembly>

<PartList>CPM     </PartList>

<TargetStartDate>2009-11-04</TargetStartDate>

<TargetEndDate>2009-11-04</TargetEndDate>

<Quantity>10</Quantity>

<Price>CPM     </Price>

<Rate>10.00000000</Rate>

<Total>$0.10</Total>

The problem is not with the object names / binding. I think it is being affected by the 2-dim array in the function. Not sure the way out of this one - sorry,

N.

Level 2

HI Naill,

I tried removing the Example1.SetPriceValue (); but it won't call the price now.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully someone else has an idea.

Joe

Former Community Member

If data shows up the wrong place then it is typically a binding issue. I woudl have to see both forms and the data to be able to determine what is happening.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Here is my original, one with information filled in, and the xml I generated. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Joe