Expand my Community achievements bar.

XFA.layout.h doesn't work

Level 1

Hi,

I’m using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 (version 9.0) to create static forms. I have two subforms (Flowed, Top to bottom) inside of other (Flowed, Western Text) and the height of all of them is set to “Expand to fit”. I want the internal subforms  to have equal height in order to realize borders around the text inside. I found a solution here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5108288/change-the-height-of-a-textfield-that-is-set-to-expand-to...

But it doesn’t work, because in my case xfa don’t have a property layout. And this.parent.h always returns 0in, although I put it in the layout:ready event.

I’m new in LiveCycle Designer and maybe I have to do some settings.

U1ianka

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to see what you want to do.  My guess is that you want those 2 subforms to have a border, but, since they don't have the same height, you get an ugly line on the bottom of one of them (smallest) and you want that subform also to become as high as the other. 

As far as I recall, this 0in is by default because you have a flowed subform.  The height of the subform is determined by its content and therefore the function always give 0in.

Coming back to the problem, if I was correct guessing what you want to do, why not do this

1) border on your subform with flowed western text containing the 2 other subforms

2) only right border on the left subform inside the big one

3) only left border on the right subform inside the big one

This way, the borders will overlap and the biggest subform decides how tall the border is.  You don't have a border on these inside subforms, but the outside subform takes care of it.

Tell me if that is what you need, otherwise, could you post a screenshot of what you want ?

Level 1

Hi yvindevogel,

This is what I I have and what I want to get. We don’t know how many lines the addresses will have. But I want the borders be equal.

Address.PNG