Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

'worksheet' issues- page breaks and auto fills

Level 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have tried to figure out these issues by searching through the forums and I am just running out of time. I am completely self taught- and I have been only using the designer for about a month, so that should give you a good understanding of how out of my depth I am. 

I am having 2 issues that are 'must fix':

1. I have text boxes on the first subform that autofill on the master page, content area. However, the autofil only seems to appear on the first page and not on subsequent pages (but other items on the master page do appear on subsequent pages).

2. I would like (and I don't know if this is possible) to seperate my subforms onto seperate pages- yet allow the subforms to flow when content area grows due to user input. At the very least, I would like to put them on seperate pages.

Also, does anyone know how to eliminate the "warning:javascript" window from the information boxes? I worry that the warning may throw off the users.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Liz,

I have found what is not working for your masterpages textboxes.

For each textbox in the table inside the masterpage you have to change the data binding

Click on textbox ► Object Palette ► Binding tab ► Data Binding (Open, Save, Submit) ► Choose: Use global data

Now the information in these textbox should be shown on each pages.

If there is some tables which you consider them not at the right place in the form because of the breaking content, you can always decide if it should follow the next or previous object in the hierarchy.

By clicking on a table, you can access the tab Pagination in the Object Palette. By checking Keep with Next or Previous, you specify which way the table should be placed.

Hope this helps!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I would like to help you, if you could send me a private message I'll give you my e-mail so you can share your form to make it easier to fix this.

For # 1 I am not really sure what could make this error, unless it is not in the proper place in the hierarchy

For # 2 You need to make contents flow when a textbox grows depending on data entered? All you need to do is put the textfield's height to expand to fit in layout palette and make sure every parents are set to flowed.

And for the 'warning:javascript', it is not possible to remove it, even if you create your own information box.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Liz,

I have found what is not working for your masterpages textboxes.

For each textbox in the table inside the masterpage you have to change the data binding

Click on textbox ► Object Palette ► Binding tab ► Data Binding (Open, Save, Submit) ► Choose: Use global data

Now the information in these textbox should be shown on each pages.

If there is some tables which you consider them not at the right place in the form because of the breaking content, you can always decide if it should follow the next or previous object in the hierarchy.

By clicking on a table, you can access the tab Pagination in the Object Palette. By checking Keep with Next or Previous, you specify which way the table should be placed.

Hope this helps!!

Level 1

That totally fixed the text boxes! Thank you so much!