Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

expand to fit not available

Level 7

I hope this can get an answer. There are no fewer than 5 other discussions open about this issue that have not gotten answers from 2010 up to January 2014.

What options can disable "Expand to Fit" under the Layout tab for text boxes?

Situation:

I have a page set to Flowed. Inside that page, I have a subform set to Flowed. Inside that subform, I have a text field that I want to expand, as needed, to allow more than one line.

Options:

I don't mind having to script the answer, and I don't mind using the check box. The problem is that the checkbox is grayed-out (disabled).

Anyone have an idea about this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Going to answer my own question here. The problem can be resolved by editing the XML.

In the <field> tag for the text field, you should have a width and a height. The height (what we're actually worried about) can be set by either 'h' or 'minH'. 'h' is for height that is static, and 'minH' is for expandable fields.

For my case, I changed this:

<field name="tfInstructions" w="196.85mm" h="6.35mm">

To this:

<field name="tfInstructions" w="196.85mm" minH="6.35mm">

The checkbox for "Expand to Fit" is still grayed-out, but on my form, it works.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

Going to answer my own question here. The problem can be resolved by editing the XML.

In the <field> tag for the text field, you should have a width and a height. The height (what we're actually worried about) can be set by either 'h' or 'minH'. 'h' is for height that is static, and 'minH' is for expandable fields.

For my case, I changed this:

<field name="tfInstructions" w="196.85mm" h="6.35mm">

To this:

<field name="tfInstructions" w="196.85mm" minH="6.35mm">

The checkbox for "Expand to Fit" is still grayed-out, but on my form, it works.