Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Will LiveCycle Collaboration Service Be Supported on Flex Mobile aka Slider?

Level 1

Will LiveCycle Collaboration Service Be Supported on Flex Mobile aka Slider?

For example, can you create mobile using LCCS?????????

4 Replies

Employee

The "standard" LCCS uses some Flex components and modules (collections, etc.) that may not be available or are too resource intensive for a mobile application.

But we recently released also a "Flash Only" LCCS library that uses only the standard Flash libraries. It's much smaller and you can use it to build Flash-only application (using the Flash authoring tool) for desktop and mobile. We are experimenting building applications for the upcoming Flash 10.1 player for mobile devices and it works pretty well.

Level 1

Thanks for your reply Raff. I'm still confused about whether LCCS will be fully supported or partially supported.

I'm a Flex / Flash Builder developer and was looking forward to seeing full LCCS support on the upcoming Slider framework.

I feel like Adobe is not giving LCCS the attention it deserves. Its a great service that you can't easily find anywhere else and it would be a shame if it was not fully support.

Employee

The Flash-only version is the full SDK minus the Flex pods (and Flex-style collections converted to Flash-style collection) so, yes, LCCS on mobile is fully supported.

I didn't look at Slider yet, but if there is enough interested we can probably supply also a Flex Mobile implementation of the LCCS pods, or at least some of them.

Employee

Hi,

Just to re-state Raff,The flash version of LCCS SDK requires the basic flash libraries or in other words , just the playerglobal.swc . So if Slider also depends on playerglobal.swc like the Flex, then LCCS would be fully functional on Slider too. But the only bad news would be that we wouldnt be able to exploit the slider specific features and leverage its benefits.

And as Raff pointed out, if there is enough interest the LCCS team can probably supply also a Flex Mobile implementation of the LCCS pods.

Thanks

Arun